iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Keep cats from crapping on my barn gravel floor ???

Started by shinnlinger, March 08, 2011, 07:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shinnlinger

I know nature calls, but I would like it if nature called the cats somewhere else....  No, I can't shoot/harm the cats....

Thanks.
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

jim king

Give them a sand box as you would do in your house.

Onthesauk

Next time you're in Costco, buy a $4.00 container of ground black pepper and shake it all over the garage.  Maybe replace it every couple of days.  They learn.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

gary

D Hagens

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

oakiemac

Feed the cats a mixture of oatmeal and hard cheese. It binds them up and they dont crap anywhere.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

fuzzybear

I never met a tree I didn't like!!

D Hagens

Look at is a positive and play hop-scotch with the crap?

Jeff

Quote from: fuzzybear on March 08, 2011, 10:06:53 PM
BIG dog?? ;D

There would be two useful types of dog for this job. Either one that eats cats, or one that eats crap.  I'd go for the cat eating dog myself.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

tyb525

We had that problem in one of our barns. I won't tell you how I fixed it...
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Coon

Get a gallon of vinegar and spray it liberally around all of the entrances to the area of business.  You can also then sprinkle  lots of black pepper inside of the vinegared area and guaranteed they will go into your wifes flower beds instead, if I dare say that.  ;D  You may have to repeat everyday or every other day for the first  week or so till they get the picture.  Our neighbours across the street had to do this and they had rather good luck as the cats were seen further down the street at someone elses place doing their business.  Best of all was where they moved to do their business couldn't have been to anyone betters place.  :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

whiskers

my dad would have suggested cutting their tails off, right behind their ears............
many irons in the fire.........

Coon

forgot to mention...... have crossbow need practice.  :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

tyb525

LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

sawdust

comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

mrcaptainbob

Since your intention is to not harm the critters, I'm voting for a separate sand box. They do like to scratch. In fact, to get them to keep their attention there, keep a sort of roof over it so it won;t muddy from the rain. Believe it or not, they are fastidious about themselves and would prefer (for the most part) to have a separate toilet area. You'll be obligating yourself to 'updating' the sand on occasion, but it's better than cat logs in the barn/garage! I would not like the smell of vinegar and pepper in the barn where I'm working and welding....

Chuck White

I agree with Tom on this one, just dump some sand nearby!

It's much easier for them to dig in the sand than it is in the gravel!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Kansas

Put out a big tub of grits. They can scratch in that.

See, grits are useful for something.

ely

Holmes

Quote from: Kansas on March 09, 2011, 06:09:46 AM
Put out a big tub of grits. They can scratch in that.

See, grits are useful for something.
[/quote

That might kill northern cats. ;D  Holmes
Think like a farmer.

Hanson

You could advertise on Craigslist in the target section :D

Kcwoodbutcher

Quote from: Jeff on March 08, 2011, 10:12:18 PM
Quote from: fuzzybear on March 08, 2011, 10:06:53 PM
BIG dog?? ;D

There would be two useful types of dog for this job. Either one that eats cats, or one that eats crap.  I'd go for the cat eating dog myself.

Boy I guess I'm really lucky, I have one that does both.
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

doctorb

A pet coyote could help your situation.  The cats would get the crap scared out of so your barn floor would not be soiled.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Thank You Sponsors!