Texas

Started by Texas Ranger, March 22, 2011, 11:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

sandhills

That's nice, can't wait to see colors like that around here.

fishpharmer

Spring has sprung (at least in the South)!  Travelling through South MS yesterday I noticed mostly red azaleas had bloomed.  Maybe red blooms earlier?

Thanks for sharing the nice pics TR.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

SwampDonkey

Nice.  :) 8)

Any hummers yet Tex?
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Texas Ranger

Go stand in the corner, Bill. ;D

Yes, hummingbirds are here.

northwoods1

What are those day lilies in the bottom pic?

Only 2-1/2 months until I get to see flowers like that in person. Unless I make a pilgrimage southward which I am seriously thinking I need to do especially on a day like today when I am confined to the house by snow >:(

Texas Ranger

Northwoods, that is  called a Texas wild azalea, in the rhododendron family of plants.

SwampDonkey

We have wild Rhodora up here, about the same color as that bush to the lower left. Grows in wetter softwood forest and spruce barrens.

Comes out in late May, early June.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ironwood

Personally, if I am going to Texas, sent me west of the Pecos. I love that arid country. Hiked ALOT in Big Bend, Guatalupe Peak area.  

Nice pics.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

flibob

I'm going from Ft Worth to Austin this weekend.  Going to leave a little early and go down 287 through the country it should be a nice ride.  Will try to get some picx.
The ranch is so big and I'm such a little cowboy

Texas Ranger

From Ft Worth to Austin you will have about an hours worth of 287, then 35 south.  287 comes through my county, and the blue bonnets are out down here, along with the dog woods, and the azaleas are coming on up country from here.  Texas in the spring can be an incredibly beautiful scene.

LeeB

Sure can. Too bad Texas spring only lasts about two weeks.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Texas Ranger

Pink dogwood and bluebonnets

Thank You Sponsors!