iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got a few freebees at the local dealer!

Started by mmartone, February 10, 2014, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmartone

I was at the local Stihl/Kubota dealer picking up some parts for some pole saws I was fixing for a friend of mine, parts guy says theres a box of 2 stroke junkl out back and I can have whatever I want. We go back there and I pick up anything that says stihl or husqvarna on it and a black plastic saw box and throw it in the truck. I got a Stihl TS800 and TS400 concrete saws, an older Stihl weedeater, Husqvarna 345 and a Poulan PP5020av. The TS800 is missing the carb and back cover but had spark and compression over 130psi, tipped a little gas in the hole and 2 pulls and it ran. How about a cheep chinese carb for it, are they any good? The TS400 has no compression and missing the pull starter so its a parts saw. The Stihl trimmer felt pretty good, tipped a little fuel in ti and it ran, going to fix that later. The Poulan has no compression but it real clean and had 2 used chains and a brand new Stihl yellow chain in the black box!. Last but not least the little 345, it was in pieces in a box case bolts loose so I pulled the top off and the cylinder and piston looked good, a little glue and put it back together. Put the tank, handle, starter back on, spark check ok. Put a piece of fuel line and filled th tank, it ran like a charm, idles good, oils, put a chain on it and went outside, made a few cuts, noodles, it also had a new chain and a good used one. All in all I think it was a good deal for what I paid, $0...
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

luvmexfood

$0 is good. Anything of value you get out of it is money ahead.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Tom King

I've had good luck with the cheap carbs off ebay.

mmartone

Thanks Tom, I'll try one of them on this saw.
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

mmartone

Heres a pic of the 345.

And something interesting I found in the Poulan PP5020AV, a husqvarna emblem on top of the tank, the brake triangle looks like a Husqvarna too.

ReggieT

Quote from: mmartone on February 10, 2014, 09:26:52 PM
Heres a pic of the 345.

And something interesting I found in the Poulan PP5020AV, a husqvarna emblem on top of the tank, the brake triangle looks like a Husqvarna too.

Great job mate! Husky owns Poulan...I use to be the owner of Poulan 5020AV...decent saw.

old 030

can't beat 0 dollars spent, the 345 is a great little saw, they can be easily modified if you feel the need for more kick out of it................ ;D

Dave VH

that's amazing, the only thing my dealer ever gave me was a bill!
I cut it twice and it's still too short

mad murdock

Gotta love them freebies!! Good job on bringing them back from the dead 8)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

coxy

you can part the ts 400 out a make good money  the ts800 and 700 is one of a good cut off and so is the 400 lot lighter      great score  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

7sleeper

Poulan = Husqvarna = Jonsered = Mc Culloch = Partner

Just that simple.

Great find!!!

Thank You Sponsors!