iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finally......A big thanks to everybody.

Started by strunk57, April 02, 2013, 09:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strunk57

Finally today things start going right, i am cutting almost perfect lumber with my Norwood, A big thanks goes to yellow hammer for the great advice this morning, and to all the other guys who were willing to give thier advice. After a few adjustments and a new blade I burnt this 32" cedar up!!!! Thanks again guys, i would have already had the mill for sale if i had'nt joined FF.

99 timberking b-20. John deere 450c loader. 79 Chevy c-60 95 GMC 2500, Craftsman tablesaw, Dewalt 735 13" planer, stihl ms-290 Stihl 029, Husqvarna 394xp, dewalt router & table, various sanders/hand tools.

slider

when things start coming together it's worth the struggle ,we have been there.
al glenn

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

POSTON WIDEHEAD

When that mills a sawing SWEET......it can't be BEAT!  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

mikeb1079

nice! 

should be able to get some decent coin for those.   8)
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

Peter Drouin

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on April 02, 2013, 09:51:42 PM
When that mills a sawing SWEET......it can't be BEAT!  :)

smiley_thumbsup well said :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

strunk57

A question, should 12" cedar with as much read as these have are they worth more? I have them priced at $1.50 bdft.
99 timberking b-20. John deere 450c loader. 79 Chevy c-60 95 GMC 2500, Craftsman tablesaw, Dewalt 735 13" planer, stihl ms-290 Stihl 029, Husqvarna 394xp, dewalt router & table, various sanders/hand tools.

WDH

You are a mite on the low side in my opinion. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ianab

Yeah, I agree. Wide boards with little sapwood should fetch a premium.

End of the day they are worth what someone is willing to pay for them. If you can easily sell those particular boards for $2 bd/ft, then you should. It will make up for those logs that don't produce such good boards.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

fishpimp

Nice cedar boards! I sold some other day for 1$ a bdft ... But was a good friend.

Wished they all grew like this one!

strunk57

fishpimp that looks alot like the one i just sawed, I have one much bigger that i cant get to, by far the biggest cedar ive seen, but i am going to get 15-20 logs from a guy i used to play poker with, he just pushed them in a pile but they are free and i can use his dozer to get them out. oh, mine wasnt near that straight. had a few knots but not many.

JimFX

Those are some might fine pieces of lumber ... I bet it smells great!

and i must say nice dozer fishpimp ....

YellowHammer

That's great news about the mill. 8)  I'm always glad if I can help, and it sure looks like its sawing clean and flat.  Excellent job dialing it in, well done. 
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Cedarman

We sell several 1000' a year of 12" and wider for $2.50 to $3.00 per board foot.
Yours looks as good as it gets.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Chuck White

Glad to hear you got your mill cutting right!

Cutting nice lumber is very rewarding.

Congrats on that Cedar!  Nice!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

strunk57

Thank you very much Cedarman, thats a great compliment, And yes it feels great to cut straight boards after a couple weeks of scratching my head and wavy lumber, im going this morning for a couple cedars i will have to rip to get on my norwood, and also a crooked walnut with lots of crotchwood, i will post pics if i can remember to take some. When the saw is running good i get in the zone and forget.

rooster 58

Wow! That cedar looks awesome there, Strunk ;)   All I have here is this DanGed black cherry ;D

thecfarm

And you learned something. That cedar looks nice.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Delawhere Jack

Looks good! Cedar is a pleasure to cut. Everytime I cut it, or see pictures of it freshly milled I get a craving for a strawberry milkshake..... :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Cedarman on April 03, 2013, 06:49:58 AM
We sell several 1000' a year of 12" and wider for $2.50 to $3.00 per board foot.
Yours looks as good as it gets.

Cedarman....every time you start talking about 12" plus wide Cedar boards, I start Boo Hooing.  smiley_crying

Now stop it!  no_no
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Dave Shepard

I sawed a cedar 4"x6". Once. ::) Came out of somebody's front yard, I think. :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Thank You Sponsors!