iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Shameless Commerce Info

Started by Glenn1, October 06, 2015, 09:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn1

Can someone point me to information on the shameless commerce link.  Jeff suggested that it would be a way to help my website but I have not been able to find much information on it.
Vacutherm IDry, Nyle 53 Kiln, New Holland Skid Steer, Kaufman Gooseneck Trailer, Whitney 32A Planer

pigman

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Glenn1

I found the listed companies on the front page  but can not find a way to link and pay for the privilege of being added. 
Vacutherm IDry, Nyle 53 Kiln, New Holland Skid Steer, Kaufman Gooseneck Trailer, Whitney 32A Planer

Brucer

Tell Jeff you would like to purchase the link. He will add your link to the main page of the forum (and send you a bill every year :)).

The real value of the link is not that it appears on the front page of the forum (where lots of people may never visit). The value is in the huge number of visits and posts to this site. That makes any link from this site appear high up in search engine results.

Even though my "site" is a single page (created by Jeff), my business consistently appears on the top half of the first page in a Google search. That apparently annoys some of my much bigger competitors in this area ;D.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

WDH

Google "Persimmon Lumber for sale" and see who is #3 on the first page.  Jeff really knows his stuff, and his creativity is amazing. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

QuoteGoogle "Persimmon Lumber for sale"
I did.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

John Mc

WDH, would you be Hamsley Hardwood? It came up first on my Google Search.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Glenn1

Tonight, it is in third place on the front page.  I will soon be on the shameless commerce link.   8)

WDH

Hamsley Hardwood.  C'est moi. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Glenn1

Quote from: WDH on October 07, 2015, 08:32:10 PM

So that has something to do with Camelot? ???

WDH

Glenn1

Quote from: WDH on October 07, 2015, 08:32:10 PM

I didn't know what c'est moi meant so I looked it up on google.  It said something about the land of camelot.    I still don't know what it means? 

Roxie

From my favorite musical....c'est moi means "it's me." 
Say when

WDH

Yes, French for It's me, as I am Hamsley Hardwood. 

Glenn1

Jeff

Glenn got an upgrade to our standard shameless commerce link. We plugged his info into the new web mobile friendly template I created to personalize a quick and hopefully productive website for him hosted on the Forestry Forum servers. :)

www.gpshardwoods.com
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Glenn1

Jeff did a fantastic job on my new website.  I had been using Go_addy for hosting but decided to have the Forestry Forum host it.  I am much happier having someone as professional as Jeff take care of my site.  I hope you all get a chance to look at it.

Thanks Jeff for the much improved website!!!!!

WDH

The difference between this website and your original version is very significant.  You have to be very proud.  I predict that this website will anchor your business.  It will make an amazing difference. 

beenthere

Jeff does good work.
I like to see the location of a business on their website. May just be me, but I think it is what keeps my interest in reading more about what there is available. No location, I skip to the next one.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WDH

The first thing that you see on your website is your phone #.  You don't have to hunt around for how to get in touch with you.  Sounds simple, but it is not.  Many times, with many websites, you have to go on a major hunt to find out how to get in contact.

Glenn1

Quote from: beenthere on October 13, 2015, 09:29:23 PM
Jeff does good work.
I like to see the location of a business on their website. May just be me, but I think it is what keeps my interest in reading more about what there is available. No location, I skip to the next one.

Beenthere,
I am not sure if you are complementing the location that is easily found on the contact page or saying that you would like to see the location on the first page.  For me, it's easy to click on the contact page to find an address.  I guess that I could add a map which I think Danny has on his contact page. 

beenthere

I saw your location in the story line.. first paragraph (Located in Kernersville North Carolina,). That is good.
But your thought of a map.. just the outline of your state and a pinpoint would be a good visual too.
Pls, take it as a compliment.. it looks great.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Glenn1

Quote from: beenthere on October 13, 2015, 10:13:47 PM
I saw your location in the story line.. first paragraph (Located in Kernersville North Carolina,). That is good.
But your thought of a map.. just the outline of your state and a pinpoint would be a good visual too.
Pls, take it as a compliment.. it looks great.

Thank you.  At first I wasn't sure, but I do appreciate the complement.  I personally love it!   8) 8)

WDH

Thank You Sponsors!