iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Boo-Boo is not doing good.

Started by thecfarm, May 29, 2013, 08:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

A very hard post for me. Boo-Boo, or his name is Dew is not doing good at all. He is my dog,or boy,as I call him.

He is my log dog,wood chunk dog and forever watch dog. Not much got by him at The C Farm. He had real good winter. It came on him quick. I noticed the last 2 weeks he would not get up to go out when I did. Kinda odd we both thought but he is 12 years old now. Just blamed it on him getting old. Than he would want to come in,when we was outside,that was REAL odd. Than on Monday he had a real hard time getting up and he was kinda bumping into stuff and not walking straight. He did not look happy,but he has days when he would appear out of it. We did not think too much about it. Than yesterday he did not get up to go outside,even when the wife got up. She got him up and opened the door to let him out and he fell down the stairs. She gave me a call and he would not even come to me,and he looked real bad and still does. To the vet we go. I pick him up and he growls at me a little, I would guess he's in alot of pain. It was a quick growl,but it bothered me. Nothing wrong,without X rays to be done. They did some sort of blood work to check for cancer,liver working right,heart is good. She could feel no tumors. So everything is working fine,but he is in alot of pain. She gave me some pills and thought they would help. I can not see any difference in him at all. :( He can not even pick his leg up now to go to the bathroom. Another trip to the vet, This one may not be so good.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

This is a tough situation and I don't say that lightly. I've been there and it hurts.
Just do your best for Boo Boo.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

clww

Worst part of having a family pet is when they get old. They just do it much faster than their humans.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Axe Handle Hound

I feel for you thecfarm...that's always a tough situation.  As Poston said, do the best you can for him and be at peace with the rest.  Did the vet check for Lymes Disease by chance? 

Raider Bill

Well that blows.
They give us years of joy it's very sad when that time comes to a end.
My thoughts are with you and Boo my friend.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Jeff

Lets hope for the best. It would help if our dogs could tell us what is wrong with them. Maybe it could be as simple as landing wrong on a step or something and tweaking a joint.  Is he eating okay?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

They did a check on the lyme,
Boo-Boo has lost 8 pounds,not good. We was shocked when we weighted him at the vet.. He was up to 32 pounds. I can kinda tell now that he has lost weight,I did not notice it before.
He got stuck in my closet just a few minutes ago, He is twitching his head too, Vet seems to think he's in so much pain,and than a sharp pain will come and he jerks. That was something else I did not notice.
I make a clicking noise to call him in the house. I get up before the wife and I call him that way,does not woke her up and he will jump right up out of a dead sleep and come to me. Now he won't even pick up his head when I do the clicking noise.
I called up the Vet and I'm waiting for her to call. That was a very hard call.
We are on our way to the vets now for Xrays.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandhills

Very sorry to hear this cfarm, praying for the best for Boo Boo.

JohnM

Ray, that stinks!  I know you had a dog with you when met on Monday, was that Boo Boo?  It's funny how attached we get to these creatures.  I had my parents drag the family dog (was my brothers but lived with mom and dad) to NC from Maine for our wedding. :)  Hope you and the vet find a remedy soon!
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Chuck White

I know where you're coming from.

We had a dog (a poodle-mut) years ago and she had reoccurrent cancer in the last year or so.  She lived to be a little over 17.

I finally couldn't take her suffering anymore, so there was the inevitable final trip to the vet.

Was really rough, but it had to be done!

My heart goes out to Boo-Boo and you.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Mooseherder

I hope Boo Boo is better soon thecfarm.
It stinks when this stuff happens. :'(

240b

So sorry to hear you buddy, we just found out our boder collie has cancer. If they could only say whats wrong....

lowpolyjoe

That's horrible to hear.

Glad you're getting x-rays.  If he ate something funny and got an internal blockage, that should show up on the films.  Anything new at the farm?  New chemicals/fertilizers he could have been exposed to? New (old) equipment with chipping paint he could have eaten?  New cleaning solution in the kitchen or bathroom?

It's so tough because like Jeff says - our pets can't tell us what's wrong :(

I wish you all the best.  We've had a ton of health problems with our dogs and it's torture. 

Good luck.

thecfarm

Just got the dreaded call,he is full of cancer, spots all over his heart. Could be a tumor in the brain,she has no idea. She could do more x rays to find out but it would not matter. He is sleeping soundly now she said. Today is surgery day for them,so they don't do alot of office calls. Seem like he always gets into trouble on a Wednesday.  ;D  My friend Doug will be upset too.He was just here a few days ago and he was fine. Dew just loves Doug. I will request they woke him up and I and Brenda can say good bye to him.
She did say she was sorry the blood work did not pick up the cancer the first time. We saw the chart and all was normal. I on my way outside to dig a spot on the lawn for him. His favorite spot to over look his domain.

Weekend_Sawyer

They are our pets, they are our friends, they are our great companions, they love us unconditionally and they leave us all too soon. Our obligation is to make them comfortable in the end and to know that we were worthy of their friendship.

Someone recently said this to me.
"I wish I was as good a person as my dog thinks I am. "

Good luck Boo Boo.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

JohnM

Sorry to hear it, Ray. :(  At least he won't be in anymore pain.
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

justallan1

Sorry to hear this, Ray. I feel for you and your wife.

Allan

rooster 58

Ray, I'm tearing up reading about your friend. I love Griz so much, we are together 24-7. I don't know what I'd do without him. 
                 I'm very sorry for you and hope you fare well at this tough time

Roger2561

So sorry to hear that, man.  A couple of years ago I had to have my cat, 18 and 1/2 years old put down due to being full of cancer.  I thought I was ready for it by rationalizing that it was best for her, but I cried like a baby when they put her down.  I will say that the vet and his techs were so gentle with her and for that I will be most grateful.  Take the time to grieve her loss and but cherish the memories more.  My cat loved the heat so I berried her next to the OWB.  Roger   
Roger

isawlogs

:'(  Hard to put words down, I am with you from a distance mon ami, may your friend & partner rest in peace.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Sixacresand

You get a dog as a puppy and watch grow up.  It becomes your companion, rides in your truck, lays around the shop and stands guard on the porch at night.  A hard fact of life when it grows old and passes on.  Sorry you are going through this.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

sandhills

Very sorry to hear it was cancer, that's how we lost our Zodie last year, I know we have to treat our animals the way we'd want to be treated in the end but it sure doesn't make it one bit easier.  Once again very sorry.

Howdy

It's hard to remember all the good times you have had together when one of you is suffering but the happy memories will overcome the pain eventually.  Boo Boo is in good hands and at least will not be suffering anymore.  My heart still remembers loosing my faithful companion of 16 years and it was 20 years ago.  God be with you and yours in this time.

lowpolyjoe

Jeff

Thinking about you and Boo-Boo Ray.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!