iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

first snow of the season

Started by bull, November 20, 2007, 11:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Milder today, and for a couple days turning from snow to rain to snow to rain...............weird November weather.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

bull

45 degrees rain, Green lawn, more leaves..... Hmmm global warming???? indian summer???
Well I hope this week is the end of it.....
where's my winter !!!!  I know, don't ask to loudly I may get more than I want !  NOT !!

Furby

We have almost a month yet before winter.
STOP rushing it!!!
>:(

Coon

YOU MAY HAVE A MONTH YET. :D :D :-[ :-[  Almost feels like we fell into the deep freeze again.  Currently -23 Celcius here and supposed to go down to -26 Celcius tonight.  Almost cold eough to freeze a squirrels nuts... ;)
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

SwampDonkey

It got up to 43 F here today and melted the frozen snow/ice off the trees. Right now it back down to 35 F. Some form of rain coming tonight.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Bill Johnson

At least the bugs have finally gone.

Fine day for scaling.

Bill

sawguy21

Brad, I saw that on the Weather Network and is the reason I left the prairies. That is just too cold for this aging body. We had mixed rain and snow last night but bare this morning. Did anyone watch the Steelers/Dolphins game last night? The field was a mud bog, the ball would hit and stick in the turf.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

Had rain/snow mixed in the night. It's foggy and drizzley here today and 35 F.

Coon

Sawguy21,  what part of the prairies did you live in?  We are in the east central part of Saskatchewan.  I hear what you mean with the cold and your aging body.  I have health problems myself and would love to live in a warmer climate but as for right now I just can't weigh out the pro's and con's with that.  I have too many irons in the fire at the time to move away from this area.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

bull

weather guy say's we could get anywhere from 1 inch to 1 foot depending on how close or far away the front passes !!! DUH.... coastal areas will see alot of rain inside 495 will see freezing rain and north and west of rte 2 will get whacked !!!!  Bring on the greenstuff,,, OHHH I mean white stuff that turns into green stuff

Gary_C

Well, the first real winter storm is here. Started snowing at 7:00 AM and now is starting to change over to sleet and may get ice next as the freezing line gets closer. Prediction for the northern parts of Minnesota including the Twin Cities to get a foot of snow. The rest of us will get the same amount of precipitation but in the form of snow, sleet, and ice.

I see on the national maps and discussion, this monster storm streches all the way from California to Wisconsin and is heading for Michigan. There is like a river of water vapor from the California coast to Iowa and it is still developing. Iowa is getting a mess of snow, sleet, and ice and the Des Moines airport had to close. The weather reports say this storm will affect the entire country this weekend.  :'(
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

SwampDonkey

Yup, and it's heading to the Maritimes to. If it heads out off NS, we get hardly anything. If it comes up the Bay we get a good dump. First old fashioned winter we had for 15 years they say.  ;D

Warbird

That time of the year again, already.  Had our first flurries early this morning.  Now it is coming down hard.  Mostly sleet but quite a bit of snow mixed in.  Went out and threw a tarp over the woodpile that hasn't been stacked yet.

Welp...  we are a lot further along this year than we were last.  Guess I can't complain too much.  :)

SwampDonkey

Warm rain here.  ;D

I do expect snow by mid October, nothing permanent until almost December, hopefully. ;)

Moose season ended yesterday and it was a wet day, first two days was like summer.

I remember one fall hunting grouse on Canada Thanksgiving and that morning there was a foot of wet snow mixed with leaves that fell from the trees. ::)

moonhill

When I first read the post I thought I had missed something, some cold air in back of this wet air we are getting now.  Than I said to myself, no it can't be, and looked at the date.  I felt much better after that.  Just a small wake up call.  I am planning on a Winter like last year.   Mental preparation.  Thanks for the heads up.      Tim
This is a test, please stand by...

Banjo picker

Yes sir folks the weather down here in Mississippi is even getting bad,,,Why we had to put the cover on the swimming pool this week... :D :D :D Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Raider Bill

Cold spell here in Largo Florida too. I shut off the A/c and opened the house up. Got all the way down to 80 8)
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Kansas

Far as I am concerned..........snow is a 4 letter word...as I get older, so is cold.

Warbird

Heh.  Woke up to a solid half inch to an inch of snow on everything.  So much for the "dusting" the weatherman said we would get.   ::)  I am hoping he was right in that this will melt off within a day or two.  I still have outside work to get done.

SwampDonkey

Quote from: moonhill on September 28, 2008, 07:53:34 AM
When I first read the post I thought I had missed something, some cold air in back of this wet air we are getting now. 

Oh, I'm sure you won't miss it. You'll probably get a little taste about the same time I do.  ;D :D :D

Banjo picker

That one inch of snow you got...would probably close the schools down here for at least a day....and you would NOT get a loaf of bread or gal of milk after probably 3:00 pm...it would all bge gone........Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

moonhill

SD, you may get the S-word just a tad before I do.  I am really looking forward to the change.  Maybe I will get some X-country skiing in, and a little telemark-skiing to boot, with the right conditions.  Tim
This is a test, please stand by...

solodan

We usually get first snow by mid Oct, but it doesn't really turn on till mid Dec. However it seems a long way off,40's to 80's these days. :-\ I think I can wait till Christmas. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!