iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Teardrop Trailers

Started by DouginUtah, October 12, 2008, 09:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DouginUtah

Anyone here been involved with building or using a teardrop trailer?

Care to discuss your experiences?

For starters, what would you specify for the steel frame (4'x10'), keeping in mind that weight can't be over 880 lbs. for the completed trailer. Maybe 1.5" x 3.0" sq. tube of what gauge?
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

Don_Papenburg

I just fixed a hitch on a snomobile trailer that was less than a 1/8" more like 3/32"  any way that thing is used to haul comercal snow plows and salt spreaders and heavy parts out to me for sandblasting .  Most of the time it is overloaded .  I was fixing the hitch because I moved it by chaining it to the loader and caught the jack in a hard spot in the mud  that I was trying to get it out of so that the guys would not get stuck.   I bent that thing down a good foot before I realised what was happening.  Any way it is 2x4 x thin rectangular tube regularly hauling up to two tons some times more .    I.5 x 3 would be good for a light trailer I would use more than a 1/16" tube though
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Radar67

Doug, try this link. They have plans. I am not affiliated with the site, but they do look interesting.

http://www.kuffelcreek.com/index.html
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Paul_H

Doug,
here is that link I told you about.It may or not help but what the hay,hey?  :)

FF link
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

scgargoyle

I'm planning to build one, combining plans I've seen online with my own unique (weird) ideas. I need a 5 X 9 trailer, so I'm going to build one. Eventually, I'll build a tear drop top, but I'm going to make it a clamshell, hinged at the front. It will have two positions, and in the open position, I'm going to have a canvas insert made, so we can camp with standing headroom. I'll also be able to load a small antique tractor inside, so when we go to tractor shows, we can bring the tractor with us, then unload it for the weekend, and camp in the trailer. Ya might get old waiting for me to build it, though, if it goes like most of my projects! :D
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

Thank You Sponsors!