Sponsors:

Preseason Bucks

Started by Ron Scott, September 17, 2018, 04:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Scott

Under the Apple Tree

~Ron

goose63

Ron that looks like some good eating and a wall hanger  8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Chuck White

One of these days, I want to go out West and get a nice Mule Deer!

The Whitetails are nice, but that's still one of my dreams!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Ron Scott

OK, Where are the Apples!

~Ron

HemlockKing

Was enroute home on the quad and this deer jumped out and said hello! 
A1

Ron Scott

Early Evening Buck looking for apples.

~Ron

Dragline

My son sent this picture to me. It was from his backyard.  You can see his neighbors house in the background.  He recently moved to a suburban neighborhood with no hunting anywhere nearby,  
Tim
Woodland mills HM122,  Husqvarna 545 Mark2, Powerking stump grinder,  MF135 tractor,  HF trencher

Walnut Beast

Tacotodd

And that is a fairly young deer also. It has no sway in it's back.
But it is still a nice deer.
Trying harder everyday.

Crusarius

Quote from: Chuck White on September 17, 2018, 08:18:15 PM

if you are into archery last I knew you do not need to win a lottery for archery mule deer on the kaibab plateau. Quite a few trophies come out of that area. 

Larry

Look at my rack Mom!!!!!

Their were two identical bucks in the picture so I guess maybe twins.  I cropped out one buck to get a better picture.  Looks like I was using flash but its just first morning light.  I was out walking around, communing with nature.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

azmtnman

Quote from: Crusarius on September 22, 2021, 11:03:37 AM
Quote from: Chuck White on September 17, 2018, 08:18:15 PM

if you are into archery last I knew you do not need to win a lottery for archery mule deer on the kaibab plateau. Quite a few trophies come out of that area.
No. Arizona doesn't have any mule deer OTC tags.  :'(
Elk, javelina and, I think some turkey. These are generally poor places to hunt.
In checking that, I found out there is OTC elk tags in my neighborhood (still one of the poor places!)
Thanks for prompting me to check that @Crusarius !!
1983 LT 30, 1990 Kubota L3750DT, 2006 Polaris 500 EFI, '03 Dodge D2500 Cummins powered 4X4 long-bed crew cab, 1961 Ford backhoe, Stihl MS250, MS311 and MS661--I cut trees for my boss who was a Jewish carpenter!

Crusarius

Thanks for looking that up. Its been a while since I lived out there.

beenthere

The buck in this video visited a mock scrape set up last fall, by hanging a branch from a tree limb in an attempt to start a buck scrape. Worked well, and now being visited and scraped up with scent and urine by a 10pt buck. Seems early for that rut-like activity to begin.

Three branches were suspended in front of trail cameras last year and all caused buck activity.. jostling with  their antlers and apparently leaving scent. All were also visited by bucks of all ages/sizes as well as regular visits by doe.

rumble.com/vn8zzz-buck-visits-mock-scrape.html
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Texas Ranger

I have used mock scrapes to good advantage.  Used an unknown scent and doe urine, rigged them  up at 40 yards.  Watched the same buck for 3 years till he matured and harvested him.  His sheds were within 10 or 20 yards of the scrape and  gave me an interesting display of horn development.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Larry

Mom, look at our racks now!
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

mike_belben

heck yeah, looks like they made varsity
Praise The Lord

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Ron Scott

~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!