iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ford Dually Issue/Question

Started by DR_Buck, July 30, 2018, 10:53:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR_Buck

I have a 2014 Ford F450 dually that I have had issues with accessing the rear tire valve stems since I purchased it new.    The openings are pretty small and near impossible to reach the inside tire valve stem to remove and replace the cap when checking and adding air.   This photo is what I am talking about.

This is a real issue for me as I use a TPMS to monitor pressure and temperature while towing my 5th wheel toyhauler and the caps are larger and impossible to get on or off.    Even doing the inside tire first, reaching in over the outer tire valve stem usually ends up ripping skin off of my hands or leaves bruises.   

Several times in the past when it's been in for service I have had the dealer rotate the outer tire so the valve stems are offset from each other.     This seems to work OK and I can access everything fine.    However, if I do not remember to specify this the dealer will rotate the tires and line up the valve stems.  :(    

Anyone else have this issue and what have you tried to resolve it?

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

mike_belben

Napa and any HD truck shop like fleetpride will sell thread on extender hoses.  Theyll screw onto your inners and clamp to the hole of your outers.  Im sure amazon etc also has them.

Northern stocks a Slime brand dually extender kit for $15.  Maybe tractor supply too. 
Praise The Lord

dgdrls

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Thank You Sponsors!