iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Watcha Growing

Started by 21incher, June 28, 2016, 08:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21incher

I know that many on here have gardens and thought that a topic about members gardens and favorite varities of veggies they grow would allow us to share  pics of gardens and veggies grown by members around the world along with introducing us to varities that others recommend. I just made a video of my garden in it's current state to share and hope others will share theirs. I consider anything from a flower pot with a single plant on up to be a garden, so lets see some pics and videos of veggie plants and gardens. :)
https://youtu.be/66oraEkem5w
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Magicman

Oh My, what a showplace.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Talk about bringing a gun to a knife fight.  ;D That looks good. I plant the wife's herbs in a raised bed. Each bed is over a rock,have to mow around the rock so might just as well move around a raised bed. I only plant one kind of herb in each bed. Some herbs can be a pest if they are left to grow on thier own.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

ummmm I'm speech less  :)  looks awesome  8) 8) 8) 8) my peas are only about 8in tall cucumber are 2-3in tall them and the peas don't seem to be doing to good this year beans are so so the squash, zucinni and maters  are doing great should have some ready in a few days     I think I over fertilized it     some of the seeds never came up  is that straw you have around them so the weeds don't grow   there is a patch of horse radish down the road from my house that is huge some of the roots are as big as a soda can and hotter than fire its funny how fast that stuff will spread  do you have any issues with the deer       again looks great a lot of hard work going on there  :) :)

21incher

Thanks everyone, I am looking foward to seeing others gardens.

Quote from: thecfarm on June 28, 2016, 11:20:15 PM
Talk about bringing a gun to a knife fight.  ;D That looks good. I plant the wife's herbs in a raised bed. Each bed is over a rock,have to mow around the rock so might just as well move around a raised bed. I only plant one kind of herb in each bed. Some herbs can be a pest if they are left to grow on thier own.
I think the raised beds are the way to go. Filled with compost they can be planted very dense and take very little maintenence and watering. I know that horseradish becomes a pest quickly. Great way to hide your rocks.

Quote from: coxy on June 29, 2016, 07:05:04 AM
ummmm I'm speech less  :)  looks awesome  8) 8) 8) 8) my peas are only about 8in tall cucumber are 2-3in tall them and the peas don't seem to be doing to good this year beans are so so the squash, zucinni and maters  are doing great should have some ready in a few days     I think I over fertilized it     some of the seeds never came up  is that straw you have around them so the weeds don't grow   there is a patch of horse radish down the road from my house that is huge some of the roots are as big as a soda can and hotter than fire its funny how fast that stuff will spread  do you have any issues with the deer       again looks great a lot of hard work going on there  :) :)
We had a problem with the beans and limas. It got damp and cold when they germinated and they turned yellow and were eaten by bugs. I use grass clipings to mulch with. I put it down atleast 6  inches thick so it gets pretty hot when decomposing and helps destroy the weed seeds. We have deer in our yard every night and use a organic fertilizer called milorganite around the plants they like to eat. It is a very strong smelling product that they avoid and has worked so far. Also I don't think they like to walk in the deep mulch either. Skunks seem to be our biggest problem when the tomatoes ripen and I don't plant much corn because the coons get most of it. I hope to see some pics of your harvest. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Czech_Made

21incher

Great looking grapes. You must get alot of wine out of that many vines. I used my elderberries to make a couple of carboys of wine last year that came out great. They say you should age it for 4 years, but it will be gone long before that. :)

Czech_Made

Thank you, I could always use more  ;D

69bronco

I took theses 2weeks ago.   

the pole beans are halfway up the poles now. Most of the greens are eaten and will replant in a couple weeks. Getting a few tomatoes and cukes, there's another section of raised beds I didn't take pic of. Been very dry here, lots of watering. Only problems so far is an infestation of squash bugs😤

21incher

That is a great looking garden 69bronco. What is the white material that you are using for mulch? We are extremely dry here also. no rain in the last 3 weeks so I am also watering everyday. I can't wait for my first tomatoes. Nothing like a tomato sandwich on fresh Italian bread. :)

drobertson

seems like I have a green thumb for weeds ;D Lots of water weed here.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

69bronco

Quote from: 21incher on June 29, 2016, 05:46:47 PM
That is a great looking garden 69bronco. What is the white material that you are using for mulch? We are extremely dry here also. no rain in the last 3 weeks so I am also watering everyday. I can't wait for my first tomatoes. Nothing like a tomato sandwich on fresh Italian bread. :)
The white mulch is shredded paper, the pole beans are mulched with planer shavings the onions are mulched with leaves. Everything I grow is mulched with one thing or another except my sweet corn. I've had my fill of pulling weeds, plus it sure helps to hold moisture! Any cure for squash bugs? I'm having a time getting rid of them!

thecfarm

21incher,milorganite? Interesting. I sell that at work as a safe fertilizer around water. I did not know tha deer did not like it. I will have to try it. Do you just spead it by hand around the plants?
I use newpaper or cardboard and than straw as a weed control. Also helps on the garden not drying out so much. Seem like as soon as I do it,everything just takes right off.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

21incher

I get the squash bugs every year and try to remove the eggs from the bottom of the leaves everyday  and pick off as many as I can by hand. I think the only way to get rid of them is chemicals so I usually live with them. I always wind up loosing the squash to the vine borers before the squash bugs can kill them.

Quote from: thecfarm on June 29, 2016, 11:09:27 PM
21incher,milorganite? Interesting. I sell that at work as a safe fertilizer around water. I did not know tha deer did not like it. I will have to try it. Do you just spead it by hand around the plants?
I use newpaper or cardboard and than straw as a weed control. Also helps on the garden not drying out so much. Seem like as soon as I do it,everything just takes right off.
A nursery reccomended it to me years ago and it has worked for me. I just sprinkle it around the plants and shrubs that I want to protect. After a couple of rains I sprinkle a little more on. It has a awfull smell so I do not use it near the house.  Another trick that I use is to hang old socks with hair clippings on the edege of my lawn in areas with deer trails.
I wish that I could figure out how th get rid of the skunks that take a bite out of each ripe tomato. :)

Czech_Made

Now that's a beatiful garden, congratulations, sir!   smiley_thumbsup

Quote from: 69bronco on June 29, 2016, 02:22:54 PM
I took theses 2weeks ago.   

the pole beans are halfway up the poles now. Most of the greens are eaten and will replant in a couple weeks. Getting a few tomatoes and cukes, there's another section of raised beds I didn't take pic of. Been very dry here, lots of watering. Only problems so far is an infestation of squash bugs😤

Magicman

Quote from: 21incher on June 30, 2016, 07:10:07 AMI wish that I could figure out how th get rid of the skunks that take a bite out of each ripe tomato. :)
Here it is the terrapins so the lower fruit is reserved for them.  They have to work hard for their groceries.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

21incher

Quote from: Magicman on June 30, 2016, 07:52:51 AM
Quote from: 21incher on June 30, 2016, 07:10:07 AMI wish that I could figure out how th get rid of the skunks that take a bite out of each ripe tomato. :)
Here it is the terrapins so the lower fruit is reserved for them.  They have to work hard for their groceries.   ;D
I guess I am lucky that all the turtles in my yard would choose a duck over a tomato.  ;D

21incher

This is a 3 week later look at my garden. https://youtu.be/iPqMf3EiK5A
We are in a drought with nothing but sunshine so everything has taken off with a daily watering.

Czech_Made

That is just beautiful!

Quote from: 21incher on July 19, 2016, 08:03:55 PM
This is a 3 week later look at my garden. https://youtu.be/iPqMf3EiK5A
We are in a drought with nothing but sunshine so everything has taken off with a daily watering.

69bronco

21, looking good! It's a great year for gardens in the northeast, as long as you can supply water. No tomatoes yet for me, my early corn is about a week out.

ppine

I like silviculture.  Our growing season here is 90 days.  After growing gardens in places like western WA, it seems like a waste of time here in Nevada. What I grow are trees like sequoia, ppines, Austrian pine, aspen, Oregon ash, crab apples, ornamental pear, golden locust, silver maple, ornamental plum, hawthorne, squaw bush, currants, Arctic willow, cottonwoods, western white pine, incense cedar,  and Rocky Mtn junipers.  I like to prune them, water them and fertilize them once in awhile.  With the wet spring some of the conifers have one foot candles on them this year.
Forester

21incher

Quote from: 69bronco on July 21, 2016, 07:39:53 AM
21, looking good! It's a great year for gardens in the northeast, as long as you can supply water. No tomatoes yet for me, my early corn is about a week out.

Thanks with the current drought my wife & I each spend at least 1 hour a day watering. Every week  we get about 5 minutes of rain and high winds that are of little help. I hope my well holds out for a couple of more weeks. The good thing is every day is sunny. We planted 100 day corn so it will be a while for ours. :)

21incher

One of the joys of gardening. We had about 2 dozen of our first 12 ounce and up plum tomatoes that were just about ripe yesterday. Went out to pick them this morning and each one had a bite taken out of it by a skunk. Going to set the have-a-heart trap tonight and am wondering the best way to release one if it is caught. Is it better to let them back out or go foward?  electricuted-smiley

69bronco

Phew, glad I don't have skunk issues (knock on wood). I have caught a "phew" as by catch, walk up slowly with an old blanket or something and put it over trap leaving the door end open. When it comes out, the direction will be his choosing.  smiley_airfreshener

thecfarm

Try to teach him to swim.

Thank You Sponsors!