iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What to do with X-Torq "bones" after the thing hand grenades?

Started by weimedog, February 24, 2019, 09:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weimedog

Started out just being yet another crazy junk pile build to test / stress these AM cases and bearings with a "higher" than usual compression build. ALSO to try and push the limits a bit with "three bond 1184" builds (Higher compression = more "stretch" in the cylinder screws to test the goo gaskets ability to withstand that. Saw headed to a full time logger to run until it dies), then realized I didn't have all the bits and pieces needed. Figured it might be time to wrap more of the pile of X-torq parts I've accumulated into this build....AND began to realize this is actually a way to salvage more of the X-torq parts after catastrophic failure when the PTO bearing frags and turns that bottom end into a "ball" crusher (punny right?). Have a bunch of junk OR if your an optimist, an opportunity for an unusual mix of parts that can end up being a pretty cool build. SO sub out the Huztl handle & external stuff used here in this build with the same parts from your 372 carcass. Object here changed from the original "research" intent to a leave no "scraps" behind concept.. :) This assumes the cases and top end got beat to the point of no return, but everything else is still servicable, handle, bar, chain brake parts, bar oiler, ignition, flywheel, crank shaft, even carb & filter holder. Top plastic & air filter. Would need cases, and a good version of a Original Edition Top end. Hyway, OEM, what ever. ( Actually have two that way I've been picking over for parts...:( Should have done this sooner )

Husqvarna 372 with Hyway 52mm Popup Build from X-Torq bones - YouTube
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

Thank You Sponsors!