iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lt28 wood mizer

Started by George Decker, January 05, 2019, 08:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Decker

Trouble with my lt28 wood mizer losing its prime over night any thoughts to why

Southside

My guess would be an air leak in the fuel line.  Check the connections at the carb, filter (connections and housing itself), and tank.  Also check for a crack in the line.  Welcome to the Forum.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

doc henderson

I have a diff. brand.  Welcome .  if your tank is lower than your engine, might have an air leak.  I assume you are talking about fuel.  There will be some with your brand that can prob. be more specific.  check for cracks or loose clamps.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

WLC

I also have an LT28 but haven't had that problem yet.  I will second what Southside said though.  
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

George Decker

Thanks to you all for replies I will check all lines and I am thinking about changing the fuel filter . Also thanks for the welcoming hope to learn some tips from some pros here since I have only had my mill for a few months 

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, George!

If your mill has a removable fuel tank, check the O-ring inside of the quick-disconnect on the tank!

If it is left connected for long periods of time, the O-ring can develop flat spots around it where it contacts the removable part, and will develop an air leak!

When I'm done sawing for the day, even if I'm going to leave the fuel tank on the mill, I always disconnect the tank!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

George,welcome to the forum.
Been sawing long? :D
Saw for others?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

doc henderson

Just to clarify, and I had to read it several times.  And correct me if I am wrong and missing the joke.  I think the c farm meant to have an a in the word swing, poss. sawing.  LOL.  I know that NC and Maine are a distance away, but we mostly the same on this forum.  Might at least stimulate a little more conversation. lol
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Southside

Doc - got stories from your youth about going to the dollar store and picking up a fishbowl??   :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

47sawdust

Dollar store?,fishbowl?Swinging?....I'm confused
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

doc henderson

I thought I had a dry sense of humor.  come on guys, help us out. say_what

terrifictimbersllc

Give @thecfarm a break, he has nightmares about grits. 🙀
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

thecfarm

Quote from: thecfarm on January 06, 2019, 11:18:44 AM
George,welcome to the forum.
Been swing long? :D
Saw for others?
There I quoted myself so others would understand.
Thanks doc and terrifictimbersllc,all fixed. :-[
Last time I had nightmares about grits someone from VT came to see me.   ::)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

GAB

Quote from: thecfarm on January 06, 2019, 07:36:12 PM
Quote from: thecfarm on January 06, 2019, 11:18:44 AM
There I quoted myself so others would understand.
Thanks doc and terrifictimbersllc,all fixed. :-[
Last time I had nightmares about grits someone from VT came to see me.   ::)
Hi Ray:
If you're a needing more of that southern hospitality staple just let me know.
There are some mighty fine Southern Gentlemen that just might rise to the opportunity to get you another autographed box to go with the last one.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Thank You Sponsors!