iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Look....Quick!!!!!!

Started by Burlkraft, January 09, 2006, 11:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

Look...... There........Up in the sky..........

What is that flaming orb ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Will it hurt us ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

It's soooo bright......It hurts my eyes :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Oh good.....It's gone ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

I think that it was the sun we saw there for a few seconds. It has been 16 days since we've seen it. We had below zero weather here since November and now it has been foggy. cloudy and raining for the past 2 weeks........40's forcast all week :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

What's goin' on ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Did I move to Seattle and not remember :D :D :D :D :D ??? ??? ??? 8) 8)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Onthesauk

Yep, I'm north of Seattle about 75 miles.  We had over 10 inches of rain in December and are at nearly 6 inches already in January and no break in sight.  No big gully washers, just pretty steady drizzle and rain, day in and day out.  And yet, would prefer this to the cold that I grew up with in Montana.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Jeff

Well it aint showed up here yet. :-\  I dont know how many days its been but I think it was before Christmas.  Its really getting depressing. :-\
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Max sawdust

Ya today was the first day we saw it in Northern Northern Wisconsin ;D  Wife says it was 24 days or something since it was out last.  Darkest days of the year and then it was cloudy on top of it :o

Max
True Timbers
Cedar Products-Log & Timber Frame Building-Milling-Positive Impact Forestscaping-Cut to Order Lumber

Shotgun

Well, we folks in FL know where it is.  It's almost boring here it shows up with such regularity. I'm not complaining though, cause that's why we're here.  We're snowbirds, hated in FL because we drive slow, and in MI because we escaped. We enjoy supporting the economy in both places, but get no real respect in either location.   :(  We like it anyway.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

derhntr

news said to day was the 48th day in a row with trace perciption, broke the record a couple days ago that was set back in 1950.

I went 173 days with out seeing a cloud last summer, was shocked to finally see a cloud. Now I have seen the sun 3 time for less than a hour total since getting back from Iraq.

Brian
2006 Woodmizer LT40HDG28 with command control (I hate walking in sawdust)
US Army National Guard (RET) SFC

asy

We had 9mm rain in a downpour this morning.

Last friday, the Rainguage overflowed (only a 200mm capacity) so no idea how much rain we had, but it was lots.

I'll blow in your direction, boss, see if ya get some!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

isawlogs

I havent seen the sun for a while either , but have been seeing the inside of the cab of my plow truck more then I want to .  ::)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

treeboy

I live near Vancouver, three miles (or five clicks) from the border. The rainy season is kind of hard to take. I think I saw the sun a week or two ago. But like Onthesauk says its better that freezing your you know what off :D

Sawyerfortyish

Just told the wife today that I was tired of working mornings in the dark. It don't get daylight out til after 7:00

VA-Sawyer

If I told you all about our weather here in Williamsburg today, I would just end up sounding like that iritating 'crtreedude'  ;)  ;)

Sure was about time, after all that rain and dreary junk we had from before Christmas.

VA-Sawyer

isawlogs

Acording to the weatherman , I just might have a chance at looking through my sunglasses tomorow or the day after .
   Now I need to find them .  8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Onthesauk

email from my sister in Ketchikan today:

"it's not so much rainy in ketchikan. i just heard the annual rainfall stats on the news tonight and we had only 187-inches (that is 15.5 feet) in 2005, which didn't break the record of 202-inches (almost 17 feet) in 1949. our annual average is about 13 feet. we were also on our way to a record number of consecutive days of rain in a row, about 39 at last report, but i'm not sure where that ended up."

"a friend of mine who works at the mental health agency said when they interview long-distance job candidates, they instruct them to mark 13-feet on a wall and SERIOUSLY consider whether they want to live in a place where it rains that much over your head!!"
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Rockn H

Well, they were just talking about us here in Ashley county a few minutes ago on the Weather Channel.  It's so dry here we've been having alot of fires.   >:(  I think four houses were lost due to them yesterday.  No ones been hurt yet, but even if we get the rain they are forcasting for today it won't be enough to lift the fire ban.  It's been warm here as well.  The high for today is supposed to be 59 and thats cool compared to what it's been lately.

Thank You Sponsors!