iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Intro from newbie, MD sawmill operator

Started by obleck, April 25, 2018, 02:53:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

obleck

Hi All, 

I'm new to this realm, I'm in mining actually, located in Northern California.

I recently acquired a Mobile Dimension model 12 (1996) sawmill, and am just getting it set up.  The plan is to dial it in, use it for a bit for what I need (mostly milling various mining cribbing and beams from the timber harvest, it's a surface mine), and then sell it for a widow who's husband owned it.

Manual on order, YouTube has been helpful, and it appears that it's pretty complete.  Fortunately I'm pretty handy, if not.

Anyway, I was curious what these things are worth on the used market.  It doesn't seem like there are many/any? out there.  I called Mobile Mfg. (who are in the process of moving and production is temporarily on hold), and a new 12 series mill is $28k-$35k.   I've seen some early 2000's posts by some owners back then that talked about acquiring them for $7k-$9k.

I'll post some photos as it progresses.  Looking forward to operating it!

DanG

Welcome to the Forestry Forum! I paid $9k for my model 128 back in 2002. It is trailer mounted and was in fair condition at the time.  Used mill prices vary quite a bit depending on condition, configuration etc. We will be glad to try and answer any questions that come up. Good luck with your mill! :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

samandothers

Just wanted to say Welcome! Can't help with mill info.

dgdrls

Welcome to the FF,

MD's are probably more common than you would think, especially out west.
I found a 128 about 4 years ago which was outside my then budget at $12K

post a couple pics when its up and sawing,

D

davetown12

Just paid $18.5K for a good condition 128 on a trailer. It took some looking to even find one.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

At first sight I thought you were a Doctor.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

obleck

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on April 30, 2018, 07:36:55 PM
At first sight I thought you were a Doctor.  :)
I had to look twice to get that one... haha!

Thank You Sponsors!