iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Darn

Started by Crusarius, December 08, 2017, 11:14:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crusarius

I didn't even get any venison out of the deal.

For sale lightly used jeep, only been off deer once :)

not really selling it just thought it would be funny. Please don't delete my thread

Kbeitz

$5.00... Maybe I can use the tires...
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Crusarius

goose63

Up here you woulda got to keep the deer  8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Jeff

You do know DanG is going to want to know why you are calling him.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

21incher

It takes a couple snowfalls until the deer get good at jumping in the snow.  ;D
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Crusarius

Good point Jeff. I didn't think of that. oops.

Goose the deer ran off. I failed.

Bert

Aw C'mon. That should buff out no problem. :)
Saw you tomorrow!

DanG

Quote from: Jeff on December 08, 2017, 12:27:33 PM

Actually I have grown so accustomed to having my name used in vain, I don't even notice anymore.  I'm honored to be your cussword.  :D :new_year:
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

GAB

Quote from: DanG on December 08, 2017, 03:31:42 PM
Quote from: Jeff on December 08, 2017, 12:27:33 PM

Actually I have grown so accustomed to having my name used in vain, I don't even notice anymore.  I'm honored to be your cussword.  :D :new_year:

Thanks for being a good sport.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Jeff

He's not being a good sport, he's just doing his job! He is well into his second decade of being the official Forestry Forum cuss word!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WV Sawmiller

We have the highest deer to vehicle collision rate in the country and if you had hit it here you could have kept it.

We caught a lot of flack on late night TV while the WV roadkill law was being drafted but it makes sense IMHO - driver gets to keep the deer and use anything he can (or other wildlife - and I assure you it will cost more to repair the vehicle than the value of the meat so don't think any reasonable person would deliberately hit one) and it saves the highway department and county on clean up costs. Plus prompt removal the carcass lessons the chances of follow up death or injury to predators and scavengers including people's pets.

Anyway, glad nobody inside the vehicle was hurt.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Chuck White

Quote from: Crusarius on December 08, 2017, 12:54:43 PM
Good point Jeff. I didn't think of that. oops.

Goose the deer ran off. I failed.

The Jeep wasn't "sighted in" properly!   ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Crusarius

I could have kept it if it didn't run away after the attack. I didn't even get a license plate number :(

Chuck that is hilarious :)

Crusarius

Hmmm adjuster says the sites being off is going to cost  3300 to fix. Pretty confident that is going to get totalled.

thecfarm

WV Sawmiller,I think Maine is the same way. I have even heard that the one that hit the deer,did not want it and gave it away to someone that stopped and asked for it.
We have a animal park about 20 minutes from me. He gets alot of calls.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandhills

My stepson and his dad borrowed my stock trailer the other day and upon taking it back that night they saw a wounded buck just east of dads place in the ditch.  He called me and said it was the biggest he'd ever seen and could hardly move, they thought it had been hit by a car but muzzleloader season just opened here so I bet it'd been shot.  Anyway I headed over to see, called the sheriffs dept. on the way, I heard the dispatcher radio the officer and ask if I could finish it and I heard him reply fine with me let him do what ever he wants  :D.  The dispatcher got back on the phone with me and said yes that would be fine and thank you for your help.  Unfortunately the deer was gone when I got there, I looked again the next morning but couldn't find it, I need WV up here with his dog.  If this was the same deer I saw a few days earlier he is a monster, I've seen pictures of deer his size but never with my own eyes.

samandothers

Bummer!

The past two deer encounters I have had my sites were way off!  They hit the right rear quarter panel of my car on the way to work here in Charlotte NC early one morning.  A year or two later one was trying to cross the parkway in Va and I was in it's path, hit the left front quarter and door of my truck.  It ran in a full circle in the other lane after hitting the truck. It then gained it's senses and ran back off into the woods.

Left with nothing but repair bills!

Crusarius

I have to say I am pretty fortunate with the location I live and my hour drive to work this is only the 4th deer I have hit. Actually she hit me. Guess I can't really complain much. Still waiting for ins co to get back to me and tell me whether its totalled or not.

I need to just but a new headlight so I can start driving it again. It does so much better on snowy roads than my truck does. I also feel better wrecking the jeep over the truck. At least the jeep is paid for.

Thank You Sponsors!