iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Danjonit's Amazing Sawmill BBQ sauce ICWAY (It'll Cure What Ails Ya)

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, August 06, 2015, 06:36:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weekend_Sawyer

Danny asked me to update the BBQ sauce recipe as he liked the batch I sent to the pig roast.

Here's the basic recipe:

1 40 oz. bottle of Heinz ketchup
1 & 1/2 cups of brown sugar (if you like it really sweet use 2 cups )
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup of soy sauce
1/2 cup of sweet pickle juice (sweet pickle relish works well too)
1/2 cup of the vinegar of your choice
1 fat tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 finely chopped onion
1 or 2 finely chopped jalapeno peppers
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon of the mustard of your choice

For this batch I used 2 cups brown sugar, sweet pickle relish, apple cider vinegar,  4 chopped garlic cloves, I used a Vidalia for the onion, 4 jalapeno peppers because my jalapeno's were kind of mild this year 2 tablespoons of regular yellow mustard and a shot of dark rum. I put a couple of shakes of McCormick's Siracha seasoning in it. This is something new from them and adds a little more heat and great flavor.

;D
Jon

Simmered for 20 minutes and water bath canned for 20 minutes. 
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

WDH

I found it to be most excellent.  Now, I need to go to the store to get some sweet pickle relish and jalapenos.  My jalapenos in the garden did not do well this year. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

I did not know it was yours Jon, but I enjoyed my bait of it.   food6
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

21incher

That sounds great, have to try a batch. Thanks for sharing.  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Weekend_Sawyer

Quote from: Magicman on August 06, 2015, 09:05:46 PM
I did not know it was yours Jon, but I enjoyed my bait of it.   food6

I had an uncle who was from Georgia who used to say bait
in his deep southern accent he would say " I coulda ate a bait of that"

Fond memories.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Weekend_Sawyer

By the way, I want you all (y'all) to know that this recipe is not mine.  I am just helping it along.

Back in 2010 I mentioned on the forum that I was trying to recreate my mother's BBQ sauce recipe. Mom was a great southern cook. She made me the man I am today, and not just in size. She passed in 2001 and I miss her every day. While I did document some of her recipes I somehow missed that one. I got some good advice from here on the forum about a couple of ways of making it but it just wasn't quite what I was looking for. Then, at the pig roast that year I happened to be sitting next to a soft spoken southern gentleman and he told me about his BBQ sauce recipe. While he was telling it to me it hit me. This was what I have been looking for. And that was the birth, or maybe just the continuation of what I am so happy to call Danjonit's Amazing Sawmill BBQ sauce. It'll cure what ails ya!

Thank You Danny, I love you man.
Jon

WDH

Hey, we are partners in BBQ sauce crime.  It will be cool when you are serving it on your food truck.  What are you going to name the Food Truck?

Reminds me, I need to smoke some ribs, and some boston butt, and some more ribs, and some pork loin, and some more ribs, and another boston butt, whew.  I am going to need a whack of Danjonit's Amazing Sawmill BBQ Sauce ICWAY. 

drobertson

Just glad you put it on, had it saved but lost it, so this time it's going in the hard back in the cupboard,, thanks again!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on August 08, 2015, 04:23:48 PM

Reminds me, I need to smoke some ribs, and some boston butt, and some more ribs, and some pork loin, and some more ribs, and another boston butt, whew. 

Is there a project going on this weekend I ain't heard about?  say_what

WDH

Still having visions of pig from last week.  That was one fine pig. 

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on August 08, 2015, 08:45:44 PM
Still having visions of pig from last week.  That was one fine pig.

True story....my wife served Pork tonight. My Dad came over and she said, How do y'all like it?
I said its good but not as tender as Jeff's.  :D :D :D :D :D :D
Wrong answer.  running-doggy

WDH

Sometimes it is better to not say everything that comes to your mind.  At least, that is what my Mama always told me. 

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on August 08, 2015, 09:12:57 PM
Sometimes it is better to not say everything that comes to your mind.  At least, that is what my Mama always told me.

You're right.....I can assure you I don't have a winning ticket tonight.  >:(

scleigh

sandhills

Don't worry Poston, open mouth insert foot seems to be my motto too  ;D.

Weekend_Sawyer

while I won't be able to make it to the pig roast this year, I'm happy to tell you that a half gallon of the good stuff is winging it's way north.

I hope you all enjoy.

Jon

Weekend_Sawyer

Yes, there will be Danjonits at the pigroast this year.

And the final product.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WDH

Weekend_Sawyer

I'm just finishing up a pretty good batch of Danjonits and will be sending a half gallon up to the pig roast. I'm sorry I won't be able to deliver it personally but you know I'll be with youall in spirit.

WDH

Thank You Sponsors!