iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Did my good deed for the week today!

Started by Woodhauler, June 25, 2013, 06:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

While hauling wood down on Rt 1 in waldoboro,maine this morning i heard 2 guys talking about a wallet lying in the road! I didn't know which road they was on,so i just kept my eyes open! A mile or so down the road i spotted it in the road! Had to pull my loaded westernstar over. It was a womens billfold, with all her cards and everything in it including one packet of 10 one hundred dollar bills along with five hundred or so in other bills! It was a woman from Mass! I took it to the pd in town and found out it was a woman vacationing in owls head maine! I took her name off a card that said she was on the board of directors of the mass horiculture socity! I called them and the guy called her on her cell, SHE Was some happy! I got a call from her wanting to reward me and i said a thank you will do! Maybe good Karma will come my way someday! ;D
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Chuck White

Wow!

That was a very good deed done Woodhauler!

We're proud of you! smiley_thumbsup   smiley_thumbsup
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Good for you, and good for her that you are you.  Thanks for sharing the story.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

thecfarm

I found a chiansaw in the road once. He was on his way back and glad to see it was me. I can only imagine how happy she was or is.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Good deal, Woodhauler.  You could have asked her for a few grits  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Woodhauler

Just got a nice email from her, its going on my office wall! ;D
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

kderby

Nice story woodhauler.  It does give a person some special confidence when you have done the right thing. 

Sometimes bad news is like a steady drum.   It is nice to hear some cheer!  I like to think I would do the same thing.  I like to think others would do that for me.

Thanks for sharing. 

Now, watch out for that Karma! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Klicker

Pay back will come. All things come back the good you do for others and bad that others do will return to them
2006 LT 40 HD

jdonovan

With today's tough times, it would sure be tempting to some to just pocket the cash.

Good to see there are still honest people out there.

Hopefully your good deeds come back to you.

gunman63

and I  thought I did good last week when I paid the  church  kids NOT  to wash my pickup.

Tim L

Do the best you can and don't look back

samandothers

WH, great job!   

I see where the Deputy DA get her good blood!  I know this makes you feel great!  It will come back around.

Glenn

Very nice !!   A few years ago  a couple of young lads down the road from me decided to have some fun.  They took an old large purse that their mother wasn't using anymore and filled it with dog doodoo.  Then they left the purse in plain view on the side of the road.  They hid in the bushes and waited for cars to stop and pick it up.  One old timer stopped his pickup opened the door and grabbed the purse.  He wasn't very far when he threw it out the window over the roof of the truck !!!!!   Later I told him I heard that he came across a s**t load of money !!!!!   ;D

easymoney

my ex stopped to check a purse in the road. as soon as she reached for it some kids in the bushes pulled it away with a string attached to it. not quite as funny as the doggy do but easier to reset the trap for the next victim tho.

cutterboy

Hey Woodhauler, nice going! You just made me feel good. I love to hear good stories like that. I read your post to my wife and it made her smile. She said it was so good to hear of somebody doing something good and kind for a change. I can just imagine the relief that woman must have felt when she got the news. Woodhauler, you are a man of good character.      Thanks for sharing,  Cutter
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Norm

Great story and thanks for sharing it WH!

Woodhauler

Quote from: Woodhauler on June 25, 2013, 06:59:02 PM
While hauling wood down on Rt 1 in waldoboro,maine this morning i heard 2 guys talking about a wallet lying in the road! I didn't know which road they was on,so i just kept my eyes open! A mile or so down the road i spotted it in the road! Had to pull my loaded westernstar over. It was a womens billfold, with all her cards and everything in it including one packet of 10 one hundred dollar bills along with five hundred or so in other bills! It was a woman from Mass! I took it to the pd in town and found out it was a woman vacationing in owls head maine! I took her name off a card that said she was on the board of directors of the mass horiculture socity! I called them and the guy called her on her cell, SHE Was some happy! I got a call from her wanting to reward me and i said a thank you will do! Maybe good Karma will come my way someday! ;D
Fast forward to today, Found another wallett in levant maine!!! 500 in cash! Stopped at the farm he owns with his dad, guy was mad as heck looking for it! Pulled it out of my pocket and he was VERY HAPPY! 2 in 2 summers!  Hopoefully karma will come my way!

goose63

W H what goes around comes around man you got a lot of good on the way 8) 8) 8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

r.man

You never have to wait for payback, you have it already. This is who you are and you are happy with it.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Ron Scott

~Ron

sandhills

It feels good and makes you smile!  I bet you feel just as lucky as the people you returned them to.  :)

petefrom bearswamp

What a great story, good for you for your honestly.
Altho---- someone once said "no good deed goes un punished"
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

CHARLIE

Woodhauler, you made two people mighty happy, plus set a great example.  I hope they will pass on what you did for them to others.  There's nothing that can make a person feel any better than the appreciation of those they helped. Two thumbs up to you! 8)   
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Woodhauler

The first one i found belonged to a 67yr old lady who was the president of the horiculcteral sysyety in boston!! Told her all ineeded was a thank you and a wave to the pulp trucks she sees! Told her we are not all bad guys!!

Thank You Sponsors!