iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

what would you do if you were rich?

Started by yukon cornelius, June 19, 2014, 09:56:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SawyerBrown

You know how to keep a camel from passing through the eye of a needle?  Tie a knot in his tail.   ::)

I think if I were rich I'd upgrade my Craftsman tools to Delta and Ryobi, buy a bigger thickness planer, have "gutter helmets" put on the house, and give the rest to St Jude Children's Hospital.  Oh, and the house on Maui ...
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

ellmoe

Keep sawing till it was gone! ;D
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

buckhunter

Quote from: ellmoe on June 19, 2014, 10:26:24 PM
ellmoe you r in Bushnell I c. We stay over in Lake Panasoffkkee. on state rt 44. you wouldn't happen to know Terry Yoder would ya. Good friend of ours. We have Belgian draftpulling horses and was down there this past winter. It was our first year there pulling. It was my first time in Florida. I couldn't believe how many deer is in that area. also seen my first hog that was cool. Also know horsepullers Arthur Durgin, Dan Smith in Bushnell
Norwood MN26 (13hp) Husky 455 Rancher

2B1ASK1

Peter Drouin

There would be no empty food pantries in NH
The boy and girl scouts would have 5000 Acres to camp on
Have men and trucks with tools  fix all the old peoples house in town
All the town building would get fixed and painted
The library would be 2x as big
The town would have their own schools 1 to 12
And a trade school
All the roads in town would be fix
And a 70 wide head :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

ellmoe

Quote from: buckhunter on June 20, 2014, 05:57:53 AM
Quote from: ellmoe on June 19, 2014, 10:26:24 PM
ellmoe you r in Bushnell I c. We stay over in Lake Panasoffkkee. on state rt 44. you wouldn't happen to know Terry Yoder would ya. Good friend of ours. We have Belgian draftpulling horses and was down there this past winter. It was our first year there pulling. It was my first time in Florida. I couldn't believe how many deer is in that area. also seen my first hog that was cool. Also know horsepullers Arthur Durgin, Dan Smith in Bushnell
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Magicman

I already am......Oh, you meant money wise.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DeerMeadowFarm

Quote from: Peter Drouin on June 20, 2014, 06:41:21 AM
There would be no empty food pantries in NH
The boy and girl scouts would have 5000 Acres to camp on
Have men and trucks with tools  fix all the old peoples house in town
All the town building would get fixed and painted
The library would be 2x as big
The town would have their own schools 1 to 12
And a trade school
All the roads in town would be fix
And a 70 wide head :D :D
I like your plan Peter!  smiley_clapping

yukon cornelius

deermeadow, I like how you think! i did make the realization the other day that we are making a living from our land. we aren't debt free, but owe nothing on our land, house, cars, but have credit card debt. we had to rely on those while building the house until our shop took flight. do I like it, no!! it kept us afloat though. we are trying to widdle that away. but  that powerball will do that for us ;D right after I start playing....
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

SPIKER

I guess I'm wealthy in many respects have $ in bank and in the markets all earned by myself over the years by being penny wise.   Never bought a ton of stuff that i didn't need.   Saved what I earned & always worked hard for what I got, I would not have to work hard any longer but not sure I could stop either lol.. 

I only have my farm to PAY for and have $ in bank that would cover that, (heck it is done paid for in 18 months anyhow.)   Physically I'm not in great shape & I don't think I'll be kayaking the white waters for sure...    IF I won lottery with lots of $ then I would buy a big RV and travel USA, Canada and maybe down into S.A. with a vacation off to Guam, Philippines & Galapagos Islands.   The family of mine is mostly gone now and the ones that are not wouldn't take any of the $ as we are all same, "work for what you want you will appreciate it more."   I bet i could get them on board with a family vacation to Yellowstone or Grand Canyon type thing but after that we would all be sick of one another lol...

Helping others that were hit by storms like other day would be one thing I would do as well but for the ones who like to play helpless I would not bother with.   Hate to sound that way but for many people (too many it seem now) think someone somewhere owes them a living.   

Anyhow many good thoughts in this thread so far!

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Randy88

If I won the lotto, [which I don't play] I'd pay all my bills and for the first time in my life I'd be debt free, then go back to work again.   

Roger2561

After my siblings needs (not wants) were met (8 siblings) no one in my town would be cold in the winter and no empty stomachs when going to bed.  But, I'm happy with what I have.  Essentially, he's given me everything I NEED.  God has provided me with the knowledge to have a job that pays just enough so I can stay warm in the winter and fed 3 times a day.  I wish I had more so I can share what I have with those who don't.  Roger     
Roger

easymoney

i am already rich as long as my little social security check keeps coming in each month. i make sure to spend all of it i would not want to die and leave anything behind.  i was born with nothing and plan to leave this world the same way.
it has been shown that most people that have very little and suddenly come into a lot of money from the lottery or an inheritance  are worse off in a few years than before. they do not know how to handle sudden wealth.

PC-Urban-Sawyer

EasyMoney,

I've often said that my goal is to leave each of our three children a $10,000 bill...

I sure hope they can figure out how to pay it!

Herb

ozarkgem

buy the biggest piece of property I could find, build a new SMALL cabin on it, bring in some new equipment and doze out all roads leading to it. LOL
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Corley5

I'd just keep doing what I'm doing until the money was gone  ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

shortlogger

If I were rich I would quit my night job and finally get to sleep, during the day I would keep on farming , logging and milling  only with better equipment . And  do more hunting and fishing with the family
1 Corinthians 3:7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase . "NKJV"

yukon cornelius

It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

redprospector

There was a man who prayed that God would allow him to win the lottery. The Lord God answered him in a still small voice, and told him "Ok, I'll make the necessary arrangements".
That weeks drawing was held, and the man did not win the lottery.  :o
He prayed again, and once more the Lord said "Ok".
Another weeks drawing was held, and once again the man did not win the lottery.  :o
After the third time the man prayed to win the lottery and not winning, the man once more went to the Lord and said; "Lord, I have asked you several times to allow me to win the lottery, and each time You have said ok. But time after time I do not win the lottery. What is it that is keeping me from winning the lottery when you said I could?"
The Lord answered in a still small voice, and said; "Buy a ticket".

1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

red

Powerball winner Roy Cockrum wins largest Jackpot in Tenn Lottery history $259,000,000. . . one problem years ago he took a "Vow of Poverty"
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Cedarman

Quote from: red on July 04, 2014, 07:32:01 AM
Powerball winner Roy Cockrum wins largest Jackpot in Tenn Lottery history $259,000,000. . . one problem years ago he took a "Vow of Poverty"
Did he say how long it would take him to get back to a life of poverty?  I believe he would want to do it right. :D :D
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

jargo432

Giving money to people hardly ever helps.  I've heard so many stories how they blew the money and was in worse shape afterwards than before.

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day, teach him how to fish and he'll leave you alone.  :D
Jack of all trades.

CHARLIE

If I somehow came into a bunch of money, which is highly unlikely, I probably would not change my lifestyle at all.  I would set up a trust to make sure my children would always be taken care of but that they could not get to the money themselves.  I would also make sure my grandchildren had money for college depending on their grades.  Then I'd like to have one or more scholarships for those students that have a lot of common sense and are hard workers but not necessarily great grades and can't get any kind of other scholarship.  If I was really wealthy, I'd buy out some companies and fire the CEOs and other executives backfill them with good business people that weren't looking for a golden parachute.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Woodboogah

I would log until I was broke again!  On a serious note.  I would buy a nice piece of retirement property, think about having kids so they could enjoy the property, have my wife quit work, I would still work and farm that is without a doubt.  I feel as though right now in my life having a whole bunch of money would just add a different set of problems.   I am pretty happy now, I woudlnt change much if anything. 
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

Jhenderson

When Warren Buffet was asked about his children's inheritance he said" they'll have enough money to do what ever they want, but not enough money to do nothing." Smartest thing I've ever heard.

Thank You Sponsors!