iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber Harvester ??????????

Started by Sawing Logz, January 05, 2008, 06:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sawing Logz

Well it's been a bit since I've been here and Happy New Year to all. I have not been able to call (number no longer in service) or go to the web page (not working or up) since November 2007? Has anyone heard or have a phone number for the new owners or who mite have bought them as I got a phone call from a sales person at E-Factory.com that they had for sale the last equipment that was bilt at Timber Harvester. Any info would be great.Thankx again, Jeff.
City Forrest Treecycler

Tom

Jeff,
As far as we have been able to tell, Timber Harvester just went out of business with no new owner.

Brad_S.

TH closed the doors in late October. I sure miss them.  :(  When I would walk in the office or shop, it was like when Norm walked into the bar on "Cheers". ;) Not being very mechanically adept, I liked the fact that I could tell them "I need the dohicky that makes the watchamacallit go up" and they would know exactly what I needed. Now I have to come up with the right name and all the specs for parts I need.
I spoke to one of the principle owners of TH about 3 weeks ago and asked about the future of the brand in general and parts and service in particular.  Right now, everything is tied up in the bankruptcy process and even the owners aren't sure what to say. There is an outside chance a buyer will pick up the pieces and carry on, but it's too early to tell. There is also a former employee who is debating whether or not to open an independent parts and service business.
In the mean time, most parts are available at local industrial supply houses. Cooks Saw has a machine that is a first cousin to a Timber Harvester, so they may be able to supply the more specialized items.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

york

WM,is killing them all and no wonder...WM is hear to stay....I have an old TH sn# 194 and i can rebuild any part on this mill...Bert
Albert

Brad_S.

Brad_S.

The remaining assets of the company are being auctioned off on March 22. An inside source tells me there are very few parts that would be of use to us owners, the auction is selling off the fabrication and office equipment.
http://www.reynoldsauction.com/

Dave Shepard

It's too bad they closed up. A friend of mine has one, and is very happy with it. I doubt WM is trying to monopolize the business, but they are a stable company that can weather the ups and downs of the sawmill industry.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

bandmiller2

I've worked around a TH it's a shame they went under they are as good a mill as any, fast and rugged, without all the electronics.Most of these mills you can make anything they need or find it at the local supply house.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Sawing Logz

Thankx, for the input. I too am a Timber Harvester owner and wonder what the market will bring for there equipment when it comes time to trade up or sell.

Thankx again.
Jeff Shelby
City Forrest Treecycler

Thank You Sponsors!