iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber Harvester Sawmills

Started by sawmillDave, April 14, 2008, 03:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawmillDave

Hello,

I have read some of the post on Timber Harvester going out of business and wanted to see if there are still any owners out there in need of help. I also wanted to let all the owners know that the Timber Harvester family really appreciated the 18 yrs of business. They closed the doors late last yr and have not continued servicing the mills. If your in need of any parts for the mills I can do my best to help you. I have a few contact of the vendors they used and will try to help you the best I can. Dave Nelson 

Brad_S.

Hey Dave,
Thanks for stepping up! I know a lot of people have been wondering about parts availability.  For those that don't know Dave, his family owned TH. Dave set out on his own years ago and now sells pre owned woodworking machinery, IIRC. BTW, if anyone needs something for their debarker, let me know, I may have it. I bought all the items left on the debarker shelves at the factory during the auction.
Tell Paul I tipped my saw over yesterday. :o They don't work too well when they're upside down.   :-\
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

sawmillDave

Brad,

Hope your doing well! You know it helps to have the legs supporting the mill when sawing. HAHA hope nothing was damaged, and glad you were not in the way when it tipped over. Give me a call or email anytime. Have a great day.

Dugsaws

I guess alot of TH owners found out that they were going out of buisness the same way I did calling for parts and not getting an answer lol. Well all that aside I just recently came across an interesting website that maybe of some help, Clouser farms, the Pa sales rep for the company may be able to help out as they are now manufacturing a line of their own mills that look like they are very similar to the TH mills and I guess they actually did some of the manufacturing for TH             http://www.clouserfarm.net
Doug

sawmillDave

Your right most of the owners found out by a phone call or noticed the website was no longer available. Clouser's build a great mill and should be looked at by anyone interested in purchasing new mills. Ken Clouser was one of TH top dealers for most of TH's existence and they are very honest & knowledgeable people. They are also a very good help with parts for TH mills. Thanks

CPreece0001

My grandfather owns a Timber Harvester.  We are having problems with the debarking saw.  The hydraulics aren't making it kick out so that it will go against the log.  Is there any way we can find out what is making this happen?

fishpharmer

CP, welcome to FF.  I can't help with your question.  Most likely a member can.  I would venture to guess its a hydraulic problem by your description, although I am unfamiliar with TH mills. 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

thecfarm

CP,I want to welcome you too. sawmilldave has not been on here since May '08 by the way.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Brad_S.

Welcome to the FF. I still own the second of two TH's I bought. They are wonderful machines... TH's demise was not due to the quality of their product.

Do you know that the switch is good? Dirt on the contacts often prevents the switch from activating the seleniod to kick the hydraulic cylinder.  You can test whether it is the switch by shorting the contacts with a screwdriver.

If shorting it fixes the issue, replace the switch. You can buy "boots" at a good electronics store which fit over that type of switch and greatly prolongs their life by keeping dirt/sawdust out.

If not it is fairly likely there is a break in the remote wire. Most breaks I have occur within the first 2-3 feet from the remote box. Another place to look is where the hanging cables would rub on the head as the carriage is returned. If you wiggle and twist the remote box and cable with the switch engaged and it shows sporadic signs of life, it is a broken wire.

I also know there is a screen door opener which allows the arm to follow the contours a of the log, maybe that is shot. I am out of town and will need to get back home to look at mine as I don't remember exactly how it functions.

bandmiller2

Thanks Dave,it saddened me they left the market,I still consider them the full equal to the most popular brand.I tailed for Ted K. he could make the TK's sing especially if he didn't stop to talk. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

bandmiller2

Whoopps should have typed TH,how soon we forget. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Dewey

Hey  Sawmill  Dave...   I posted a question for parts today...  Look at it and see if you can help....  thanks  Dewey

Brad_S.

As thecfarm stated, it appears Dave hasn't been on this site for a few years now. Last I knew, he worked for CMS but I haven't seen him doing any advertising for them in a while either.

Sissy

Offsite photo link removed by Admin.  Please refer to the posted rules on the bottom of the page concerning offsite photos.

Thank You Sponsors!