iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Identify This Processor

Started by 4x4American, October 03, 2015, 01:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4x4American

I think it's a homemade unit, but tell me if you know it isnt!

Also, what would you pay for it?  Processor including the live deck.  No power unit, has hydraulic quick connects to get power.  I am told that everything works, had it running a few weeks ago.  Definitely needs some oil.

Boy, back in my day..

4x4American

also, what do you recommend to lubricate the chains and pivot points with?  im thinking atf or pb blaster any thoughts?
Boy, back in my day..

North River Energy

Off the cuff guess:
Deck looks like Multitek, rest of it looks shop built inspired in part by Timberwilf.

lopet

Agree, the deck looks factory built. Could be from a saw mill setup, the rest looks home made.
Hard to put a number to it by just looking at three pictures, But I know with the price of steel these days and hydraulic components, I highly doubt, you can build something like that for 4-5K.
The processed wood looks from last winter or spring and not from a few weeks ago.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

4x4American

Yea, he offered to me a deal I can't refuse.  $3500 for the processor and the live deck.  When we were walking to it he said he wanted $3500 for the processor, and then said that the live deck is proberly worth just as much, then said, but for you, I'll give you the live deck.  ;D   I told him I'm gonna be by twice a week oiling everything then I wanna see it running.  I'm planning to power it with my 2640, which might end up being a pita, cause it's the only loader I have, so to load the deck I'd have to unhook, load, rehook, etc.  Oh well he has an engine that can go with it too, but for now the JD will do.
Boy, back in my day..

4x4American

plus they will deliver it free of charge.   8) 8)
Boy, back in my day..

lopet

I would like to see that thing running too.  8) 8)

Years ago I saw a guy running a home made unit of a jacked up Subaru which was running two hydraulic pumps of the transfer case.
Just giving you ideas. :)
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

North River Energy

Seems like a reasonable start for 3500, especially if the saw motor is still good.
Unless I misread the specs, I don't think you'll be running it off the 2640 remotes. :(
On the other hand, you could set up a few pumps to run off the pto...

4x4American

Yea no way off the remotes my 2640 is hurting as it is in that spectrum I was thinking to set it up with the 540 pto shaft.  Either that, or just rig up an engine especially for it.
Boy, back in my day..

4x4American

Proberly going to steal the live deck for my sawmill eventually
Boy, back in my day..

sprucebunny

ATF or pb blaster( especially) will drip off or evaporate pretty soon. I'd use bar and chain oil or  90 wt diff oil or engine oil or a combination depending on the part.
There is a product I like by Castle called Endura. It's a spray can of "penetrating grease" I use it on the frames of my vehicles and it lasts a long time and protects from all the road salt.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

4x4American

Ahh yea I have some penetrating grease, can't remember who makes it offhand.  I have alot of used engine oil I could use, soon as I figure out how to get it outta the 55gal drum with one arm...I figured I'd use penetrating oil as the first step to hope it gets in there nice and deep like, and then coat it with the used engine oil. 
I'll use my plane.
Boy, back in my day..

Wallys World

You need to get some "Blue Creeper"!
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

xalexjx

looks like a nice little setup, I wonder what brand the feed trough is? I like the feed roll with sprocket near the saw. sent you a pm
Logging and Processed Firewood

North River Energy

^The main frame on that looks a little like a Valley that I came across on Youtube yesterday.  I think Valley was local to NY?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R995C_60Mt4

4x4American

It has two hourglass rollers at the front of the feed trough and none at the rear.  Almost seems to me they should put one in the rear and one up front.  There are sprockets set up off them to connect a chain and put one at the rear if I felt like it.

It looks like a (413) area code on their number which I'm pretty sure is western mass. 

Is that guy really turning that nice walnut into firewood!!!   >:(
Boy, back in my day..

Thank You Sponsors!