iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Nature's Oddities

Started by Magicman, January 02, 2012, 07:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Here are a few of nature's oddities that I saw this past week.

A holey Sweetgum tree.

A holey White Oak.

A burl on an Ironwood (Blue Beech) that is sprouting.

A White Oak that separated and then grew back together further up.

This White Oak is in the process of limb grafting.   
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bill Gaiche

Mother nature at work. Are these at the farm? bg

Magicman

Some are, but the White Oaks are here on my street in town.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

tyb525

I bet those boards would look neat. two connected crotches!
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Riggs

Cool pictures, it's great to see what nature can do.
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

trailman

nice photos.makes me think somwhere in the bible it talks about 2 becoming 1when married.b

js2743

Two sycamore's grown together, been thinking if they could be slabbed together would make a nice conference table, but they are so wide i dont think there is any way to cut them.

this is a tulip popular

SwampDonkey

No picture here, but have seen whole areas of them, black spruce with layering. You have the parent tree in the middle and in a circle around it where the lower limbs touch the ground are new rooted trees growing. ;D

Here's a wooly black spruce.  Has a fur coat. ;)

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

DDW_OR

this tree lost its top, then grew a new top that is 36 inch at its base

"let the machines do the work"

SwampDonkey

Red cedar do that a lot out on the west coast, big huge candelabra limbs. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!