iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

School announces workshop dates.

Started by Jim_Rogers, September 05, 2003, 07:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Rogers

Fox Maple School of Traditional Building has just released it's dates for future timber framing and natural building workshops for the rest of this year and the first half of next year.
The details are available at the school's web page at //www.foxmaple.com.

Some of the highlights might interest some of you in the midwest.

There is a workshop Oct 6th-11th, 2003 in SD at Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in Slim Buttes.

There is a workshop May 3rd-8th 2004 in Iowa at Fort Dodge.

For those of you who speak spanish there is a workshop in Costa Rica during the winter on Feb 23rd-Mar 5th 2004.

And for those who want to see the islands in Hawaii on Dec 8th-13th 2003.

Details for all these workshops are available at the web page mentioned above.

There are also workshops planed for the campus in Maine, Sept 8th-20th, 2003 (I believe this is booked full at this time). And June 7th-19th, 2004.

A natural clay building system workshop will be held on June 5th & 6th, 2004.

I'll be attending the raising at the school of this September's class on Sept 13th. And I can post some pictures of their frame the week after.

Jim

Here is a shot of a frame built by students:

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Squirrell_Boy

Hey Jim, I was looking for information on the foxmaple website about the workshop to be held next May in Fort Dodge, Iowa in May, but i couldn't find it. Sure would be nice to have a beginners workshop somewhere here in the midwest.
"Of course we don't know what we're doing. That's why they call it research." Albert Einstein

Jim_Rogers

Send him an email stating you're interested in info.
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Squirrell_Boy

Will do. Boy i got to start proof reading my messages. Two Mays in one sentence and my post about the workshop that said Wokshop in the Illinois. Duh.
"Of course we don't know what we're doing. That's why they call it research." Albert Einstein

Tom

Wokshop?  You mean you weren't talking about a chinese cooking class? :-/

Squirrell_Boy

Wokshop? I guess that's a chinese timber framing class.
Maybe i should take a spelling class while i'm at it.

Thank You Sponsors!