iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

jack 380

Started by Decked, January 28, 2016, 10:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Decked

I've found myself running a 380 ( I always said that would never happen  ::) )..pic in my gallery..

Is an ' 86 ..453 screamer.  I always ran cable skidders, this is my first grapple. My 'issue' is, when I get a load in the grapple, I lose traction, I assume best traction is obtained with both arches up as high as possible? It is icy and there era no chains on the back.
The other issue, the brake pedal is ROCK  hard...crap for brakes!  any pointers on that ? My Deere's would pick the back axle off the ground & toss me out on the hood!

loggah

Without chains on the back of a grapple on frozen ground you wont pull much wherever you have the wood positioned! On the older timberjacks most used the Clark 3 speed powershift transmission,the brake is internal and they run Dextron ll in the transmission and in the brake master cylinder,resulting in a really hard pedal in cold weather . Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Decked

ok thanks!
I also can't get it to move on the landing in 3rd  gear..prolly operator error..do I have to 'floor it'? :D :D

if I'm moving along in 2nd,  then try to shift it up..it just goes into neutral

dam ol' lopearred timberjacks  :D :D :D :D

and no differential locks !! "Gimme 40 acres, I'll turn this pig around"   ::)

lopet

Sounds like you're having some fun.  :D  Sorry no help here with the power shift. I assume oil level is where it supposed to be.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Decked

All is fine 8)  brakes ok today...I found 3rd gear....just wish I was an octopus ..turn-shift-lower blade...can't do it :D

Thank You Sponsors!