iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

David Bradley Chainsaw restoration

Started by AmericanPiddler, November 23, 2017, 07:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanPiddler

Hello all,
      First Post here.... okay I have an old David Bradley saw that I'm planning on restoring and putting up an episode on my American Piddler YouTube channel..... I want to get any info I can and restore this old pig the best I can! Here's picture's of the saw thanks again for your time and any information you can provide! I will use this topic as an update to how the restoration is going...EDITED BY ADMIN. PLEASE READ ALL RULES ON POSTING.
#AmericanPiddler
Husqvarna 455 Rancher
Echo cs 306
David Bradley saw
Stihl O24 AV
Find me on YouTube,Facebook,Instagram,& Twitter

sawguy21

Welcome to the scrum. Unfortunately your picture didn't appear nor is it in your gallery. Is the saw complete and turning over freely? If it has reasonable compresion and good spark give it a shot of premix and see if it barks. DON'T use ether.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

AmericanPiddler

Haven't figures out how to post pictures lol what is prefix? Is that just my normal saw fuel?
#AmericanPiddler
Husqvarna 455 Rancher
Echo cs 306
David Bradley saw
Stihl O24 AV

AmericanPiddler

I think I got the picture added to my gallery or something
#AmericanPiddler
Husqvarna 455 Rancher
Echo cs 306
David Bradley saw
Stihl O24 AV

sawguy21

It is in your galley, you have done the hard part. Now click on 'Click here to add Photos to post' go to the pic in your gallery and double click on it. The link will appear as text in your message.
That is a neat old saw. If it fires when primed with your saw gas, remove the carburetor and see iff you can take it apart and clean it without damaging any gaskets or seals. There are no replacement parts so you might have to get creative. I will just about guarantee the fuel line and tank shut off valve will leak. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

AmericanPiddler

May have to try from home computer.... anyways I'll give it a try and if she fires it will be on! Wouldn't be the first time I've made my own gaskets..... sharp knife and a steady hand.... getting pretty excited for this video myself!
#AmericanPiddler
Husqvarna 455 Rancher
Echo cs 306
David Bradley saw
Stihl O24 AV

Kbeitz

I got one of those old anchors hanging in the shop.

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

AmericanPiddler

Anybody have a spark plug recommendation for this saw.... make that a number one before I start anything and check to see if the old pig will fire.... btw if you guys haven't looked at my YouTube channel I'd  surely appreciate it that's where this David Bradley Chainsaw will be featured!
#AmericanPiddler
Husqvarna 455 Rancher
Echo cs 306
David Bradley saw
Stihl O24 AV

Savannahdan

There's some information on this site http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/.  You may have to search under Craftsman.  I noticed a number of saws showing a Champion J8J. 
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

Thank You Sponsors!