iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sugar Cane Processing Plant Drive By

Started by Mooseherder, January 28, 2022, 06:44:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

I've seen 3 Trucks loaded with Corn this week.  They crate it on the harvester and send it to market that way. Also saw 2 truckloads of Cabbage boxed in the fields and 2 loads of bulk red potatoes on the road.  The sugar plant appeared to be idle with no steam running in the stacks.  The workers vehicles were in the Parking lot so maybe it's maintenance time.  Most of the yard full of equipment brought in from the fields.  There was more tractors parked along the White building in the background.   I think there was at least 75 JD Tractors on the grounds today.

Sugarland Tractors - YouTube

Mooseherder

There is another Sugar Cane Plant north of this one on Connor Hwy. on the way to Canal Point.  This video is north of that second plant.  Its called Port Mayaca which is in-between Canal Point and Okeechobee.  I'm headed south with Lake Okeechobee on the right.  The Canal you see goes east to Stuart/Port St. Lucie.  Boats get lifted at the Locks and can cross the Lake to the Gulf side of Florida.  Roland Martin's is at other side Locks.  They run fishing tournaments out of there.  

Port Mayaca Lake Okeechobee - YouTube

Mooseherder

I heard watermelon harvest has started but haven't seen them yet.  Here's a short video of a load of radishes.  Who buys radishes?!
That semi dump probably hauls construction debris after hours.  Better wash your vegetables.  ;D

load of radishes - YouTube

thecfarm

I do hope no one has to count them all.    :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!