iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Combo Pressure cooker Crockpots

Started by luvmexfood, October 31, 2017, 07:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvmexfood

Anybody use these? Been wondering about these for when out on the road. Maybe coming in to motel and cooking up some supper. Tired of eating out. If were lucky we get an extended stay but not this week. Made a few things in electric skillet. Lowes has a Bella for $49.00 an a oil less fryer for same price.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Magicman

It's a bit more expensive but I really like the looks of the 3 quart Instant Pot
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

clearcut

I received a 6 qt Instant Pot for Christmas last year and use it all the time. I can see one being an excellent travel cooker.

Pressure cooking for relatively quick meals of items that would otherwise take a long time - beans or chili in about an hour.
Slow cooker feature for those type of dishes.
Rice cooker mode.
Sauté feature for browning onions and meat before pressure cooking. Though I've never tried it I suppose it would boil water.
Never tried the yogurt setting.

Timer to start and stop cooking.

One issue I  have is trying to figure out the correct time to cook various items under pressure. Recipes on-line can be all over the map, so there is some trial and error.
Carbon sequestered upon request.

Dan_Shade

We use an instant pot regularly.  It works really well.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Raider Bill

Interesting. I use a crock pot at least once a week and pressure cooker twice a month. Have to pay more attention to these.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

thecfarm

Ayup,we got one. Throw in a frozen chicken and in some short time I am at the table with my chicken and stuffing and gravy.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Claybraker

I've had the Cuisinart for a couple of years, but I suppose one brand is about as good as any other.   This time of year as the weather is cooling off, it's great for comfort foods- beef stew, chili, even brunswick stew. Rice and beans with sausage. Etc. 

luvmexfood

While home during Thanksgiving the local Walmart had a 2 quart Instant Pot on sale. Picked one up but didn't realize it was only 2 quart till I opened it up. Still big enough for a smaller meal. Cats meow for cooking in a hotel room. Got some cube steak, sauted each side of 7 steaks, then covered them in water, milk and flour. Slow cooked them after the saute. Fell apart tender and fed five people. Along with some instant mashed potatoes, green beans warmed in microwave.
Have also made chilli, cooked a roast in it using the slow cooker then took out the roast and pressure cooked some potatoes and carrots.  Pretty dang good.

luvmexfood

Quote from: Magicman on October 31, 2017, 07:55:35 PM
It's a bit more expensive but I really like the looks of the 3 quart Instant Pot
That's what I ended up getting but wouldn't mind something a little bigger. Threw some mixings together for a meatloaf, wrapped in foil and set on the trivet. Twenty minutes time and then took out and opened foil and spread ketchup on it and put under broiler for a few minutes while I made the mashed potatoes. Don't know if it was where it was wrapped in foil or what but moist and the best I ever had.

Also did some spaghetti and meatballs in it. Ten minutes starting from raw. Everything done in one pot and I will never do spaghetti any other way.

Thank You Sponsors!