iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New true believer

Started by Frank_Pender, July 09, 2005, 01:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank_Pender

I just got through with being up to my elbows in hydraulic oil and twelve year old fittings along with nuts and bolts.  These fittings have never been touch for at least that long or longer.  I had a piece of tubing that had rusted through for one of the mills and it had to be replaced.  I completed a job yesterday by pouring in an additional 5 gallons of oil into the holding tank.  The fresh sawdust sure absorbs that oil nicely. :'(  It will burn well in the Taylor, I am sure.   

Now to the heart of the matter.  I used the samples of Rust Reaper that had been sent to me and I am very excited about the way it performs.  Wow! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Frank Pender

dail_h

Mine came the other day,ain't had a chance to try it yet,smells good though
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

SwampDonkey

Frank, you mean your never believed us before ??? ;D

I think Jeff told me, and others, that the Rust Reaper contains winter green. Almost good enough for pancakes or grits, although I don't think the manufacturer recommends consuming it. ;D ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Frank_Pender

No, SwampDonkey, it is not that I was in disbelief, but that I had no personal experience to draw on to help promote the "Reaper".  ;D  I sure do have some to brag about.

Jeff, would there be a possibility of setting up a site where we can all share some of the special areas we have had success using the Rust Reaper?  In that way I thought that it might help promote uses for everyone. :)

Frank Pender

SwampDonkey

Yup, I was just toying with ya Frank. ;) There are a few threads scattered in the forum for Reaper feedback. Also, Mike's page has a feed back page I think.    Every once in awhile one of the threads gets brought to the front.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sawguy21

You mean that stuff makes grits edible? WQW :D :D :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Minnesota_boy

I'm not so sure that Rust Reaper will make grits edible, but they will go down easier.  Maybe come up easier too.  ;D :D :D
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

chet

I was thinkin' more along dat line too.   ;)  Da Rust Reaper would help da grits release da bonds of yer belly.   :D   :D   :D   :D   :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Don_Papenburg

I don't have any grits to consume ,but I have a wheel  wedge that is stuck bad . we have the attach bolts loosened and the jack screws tight and have not moved that wedge in years.   How do I aquire some of that rust reaper?
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Frank_Pender

Don, go to their web site as they are sponsors for the Forum.  Let Mike know what it is you are needing and he can supply you.  Let us know how quickly things loosen up. 8) 8)
Frank Pender

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DanG

Ya don't hafta shout, Jeff.  We can hear ya ok. ;D ;D

Get ya some of that RustReaper, Don.  Just clik on Jeff's shout and order it up.  It seems expensive until you have used it for a year or two and find you ain't even made a dent in your supply.  A little bit does a lot of work!
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Fla._Deadheader

DanG, ya gotta remember that Da Boss is DEEF.  ::) ::)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Murf

I thought that was called 'selective hearing' ..........

I heard somewhere there's a blood vessel that goes through the ring finger of the left hand and supplies blood to the ear drum, when there's a ring on that finger it restricts the blood flow to the ears resulting selective deafness.  ;)

At least that's my story and I'm stickin' to it ......   ;D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

sawguy21

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D  Sometimes the ol thinker don't work too well either
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

maple flats

Hey Murf, what's my excuse? I haven't worn a ring since a friend lost his finger when his ring got cought on something and the finger was gone. That was over 30 years ago, but I'm still happily married to the same great wife.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Frank_Pender

Maple Flats, I took mine of the day after the honeymoon, due to it catching on short staubs on logs.  Iabout lost my finger.  I haven't worn it since.  I told the second in command that if I was to continue to wear it, I might well have just nine finger to count with, rather than ten.   She agreed, but I still have trouble counting.
Frank Pender

Mike_P.

We took Frank's suggestion and added a page to the Website that gives a listing of the applications that folks have had for Rust Reaper.  Please take a look at http://www.rustreaper.com/ccp51/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?pg=uses

Many of those applications (I'm sure we have not captured them all.) came from folks here on the Forestry Forum.  We really appreciate your business and kind words and input. 

If you have any applications for Rust Reaper that you would like us to be aware of, you can use the Feedback page at http://www.rustreaper.com/ccp51/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?pg=form&ref=ste_form_feedback or give us a call, or an e-mail. 

We pretty well understand the application of RR related to grits.  I prefer grits as a side to eggs and leave the RR in the toolbox.

Thanks,

Mike

Thank You Sponsors!