iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sweetgum

Started by texbob, February 03, 2012, 11:26:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver_Eagle

Thank you Magicman.

pineywoods,

I took down a couple SG doing a fence repair a couple year's ago. I let them set for 6 month's or so them sawed them up into 1 by 12. Very pretty board's but the SG reminded me of the nasty smell of the white fir we used to cut logging in Oregon. The white fir would get conk's on it that the rain would seep into the tree, rot a chamber into the tree and fill with nasty, stinky water. Then when you would go up to cut the tree, if you didn't catch it, when getting close to getting your first under cut put in, would just shower your legs with water lol. Not good  :o ::). We called them P^ss fir lol. Not all of them would do it just some older tree's usually.   

Okrafarmer

Have had that happen with some oaks and other trees.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Handy Andy

Years ago when I was a house builder, a cabinet shop here was selling Tupelo Gum trim.  It finished up really nice, but had a few kinks, and they switched to poplar. Before that everybody was using white pine trim, and I thought it was nice to use a hardwood. Then oak came along, and after while the customers were all tired of oak and wanted something else.  Now they seem to like flaws in their cabinet doors. 
My name's Jim, I like wood.

Okrafarmer

Sweetgum's sheer availability means we should always try to learn more things to do with it. And it is some nice looking stuff.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Thank You Sponsors!