iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It ain't the heat......

Started by Woodhauler, July 06, 2013, 04:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH_Conley

I knocked off early today. I think I was starting to melt. Maybe that was just render.
Bill

Autocar

Even with oil coolers on those big machines I would think it would put alot of stress on hoses from running so hot.
Bill

Dave Shepard

I keep a bucket of water handy to dip my shirt in to dry it off. :D I doubt it's more than 75 in the shop, but I'm soaked within an hour every day.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Autocar

Ive been getting to the job by 6:30 and at ten Ive had enough,This coming Monday sounds like a nice week coming up.
Bill

mesquite buckeye

Remember that heat makes trees and corn grow. ;D   Also saguaros ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Doesn't make it any more fun to know that though, does it?
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Autocar

I remember last winter you saying 80 degrees and we were freezing here and I would of given anything just for some of that heat now not so sure  :D And yes the crops look better this year then they have in years but a week ago we got some storms breaking alot of heads off the wheat and laying some of the corn flat. Alot of it has picked back up but some is broke off. Still a long time till its in the bin just have to say a prayer and cross your fingers.
Bill

mesquite buckeye

That's it. You have to have faith if you are a farmer or rancher that things will work out.
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

maple flats

I'm another one who would rather have snow. I can work in the snow all day,  but this heat shuts me right down. Today we have 90 right now, headed for 95 and the humidity is so thick it needs to be cut with a knife to get thru. By mid afternoon the forecast calls for a heat index of 100-105. My favorite temperature is actually what I call flannel shirt weather. Wear the shirt when not working hard and take it off as the work heats up.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

tyb525

I much prefer the cold too. Trenching in an electric line today, was soaked within 15 minutes at 8am. Good thing we knocked off earlier today.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Autocar

Second tree that hit the ground this morning was full of honey bees and I can tell you for sure they don't like hot weather eather  :D. I had to move to the western edge of the wood lot to get out of there range.
Bill

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: Autocar on July 19, 2013, 08:12:21 PM
Second tree that hit the ground this morning was full of honey bees and I can tell you for sure they don't like hot weather eather  :D. I had to move to the western edge of the wood lot to get out of there range.

Might bee that the bees don't like loggers or chainsaws but can handle the heat fine as long as there's no smoke!

Herb

two tired

The way you all are talking it is hot in your neck of the woods, at 90 degrees and 90% humidity we think a cold front has came through, lol, it does get hot and stickey down here. Can not hardly wait for cold weather [ 80degrees and 80 humidity]. This time of the year we start at 6 am and stop around 10 am around here, if you have a fan moving the air.
when wondering about weather conditions call the dog in and see if he is wet

Thank You Sponsors!