iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A little craigslist help needed

Started by Kcwoodbutcher, June 05, 2009, 10:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kcwoodbutcher

Every once in awhile I list some of my lumber on craigslist. I always include pictures of the wood but using the CL picture posting procedure results in very small low definition pics. I have seen some ads that include large high def pics that I'm sure were hosted by something like --Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!-- with a link from the CL ad. Anybody know how to do this? On a side note, something really rotten has been happening lately to all the hardwood lumber ads on my local CL. They're up for about a day and then somebody flags them for removal. We're figuring some local retailers business is so bad they had to resort to this.
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

blame

well it takes more then one person to get an ad removed(so they say) its based on ip adresses i think so that one person cant just keep clicking the flag link to get a posting removed

Larry

You can use basic HTML code in your craigslist add.  With the proper code you can put your pictures on say a host site (free pic hosting) than link to them.

Make sure you post in surrounding cities also...you might be surprized how far folks will come for good wood.

Don't know about the flagging but on the good side you should be able to re-list your add and keep it in the current day.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Kcwoodbutcher

I'm not to versed in HTML code, anyone know what the code would be?
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

Chico

Just takes one  all they have to do is click  click a reason and one of the monitors will usually delete it argued with the jerks that monitor it for taking ads off for wording but forums for gays and all kinds of behavior that shouldn't be there They said that was not in the mainstream like the ads How hard do they think it is for a kid to click that button instead of the want ads I argued about 5 days constantly one was guns  parts of guns etc jmo
Chico
My Daughter My sailor MY HERO God Bless all the men and Women fighting for us today If you see one stop and thank them

bck

Quote from: Kcwoodbutcher on June 06, 2009, 02:25:20 PM
I'm not to versed in HTML code, anyone know what the code would be?

I have been studing this trying to learn HTML , it has been a big help.
http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp

I think it takes more than 1 person flagging to get your listing removed.  People will start flagging it if they keep seeing the same person listing the same thing day after day. It might help to give it several days between listings ?

I read a story this weekend saying that craigslist was concidering allowing the sale of guns.

SPIKER

I've had some problems with creigs list as well.   I usually post links and use the photo bucket site, (hope no one here deletes the name as the FF does not like outside pic links or mentioning them most of the time)  once they are on that photo bucket site there you click the pic you want to post and then it pops up with imige links that all you do is copy the links and put them into the post.   or you can type in the link into the post as well and say that there are high res pics "here" with the link and title in there.
also dont say that you are posting for anyone else that is a flag that will get them deleted as well.   i have had problems though with totally legit posts getting deleted...
mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

rebocardo

> We're figuring some local retailers business is so bad they had to resort to this.

Most likely a bunch of people are flagging it for whatever reason, usually it takes more then 3.

A link to a current one would be helpful.

> I think it takes more than 1 person flagging to get your listing removed.

There are ways around it.

> using the CL picture posting procedure results in very small low definition pics.

You should be able to post (4)  normal 1024x768 true color photos. I do all the time.

Though note that editing those photos, especially if the original was a JPEG can result in bad headers. Not all photo software packages are created equal, if you stick to Adobe and such you should be okay.

Thank You Sponsors!