iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ThankYou, Bibbyman

Started by Bojangle, July 18, 2003, 09:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

Well,  the TimberKing question just posted got me thinking about this post again.  People come to thr FF and stay and people come and go and you wonder what happened to them.  
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

Yep, we have some that just come for the expertise and then go on thier merry way. They know where to come back to when they get in a jam though. In Bojangles case though he's still wifus. He was here on Feb 10th, not so awful long ago.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bibbyman

And another loose end on this thread.... Wiam never did say if he found out if we were related.  I figure he did find out and he don't want anyone to know. ;D
Sawing since '94

wiam

Bibbyman
Actually my dad seems to think that if we are related it was on the other side of the Atlantic.  Do you know if your ancesters came from Scottland?
Wiam

Minnesota_boy

Wiam,
That's my relatives that came from Scotland and we won't mention just where or what they did there, OK?  :o :D :D
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

DanG

Rumor has it that my ancestors came over from England, deported as Horse thieves!  I have a highly bred Tennesee Walker mare that I bought for $500. Maybe there's something to it. ??? :D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Haytrader

DanG,

Why did ya give so much?
You could have bought a good horse for that much $$.

;)
 :D  :D  :D
Haytrader

Bibbyman

Maybe there is a connection.  I don't have any of the names of my ancestors back past my great grandpa but dad says he thinks they actually came from the Shetland Islands.
Sawing since '94

LeeB

tell more about posting pics with the scanner please. LeeB
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

lamar

QuoteDanG,

Why did ya give so much?
You could have bought a good horse for that much $$.

;)
 :D  :D  :D
Haytrader ,that was very good

DanG

Well, shucks, Hay. I already had a good horse. Why would I want another one of those? ???   I ackshully was gonna breed her to a jack and get me a gaited mule, but she got injured and the vet didn't recommend breeding her. :'(  She came with 2 saddles, which I sold for $600, so I didn't come out too bad, if you don't include the $1500 in vet bills. :-/
She is now 22 years old, and too crippled to ride, but she was smoother than Bibbyman's Roadmaster, in her day. :)  I keep hoping the local University's vet program will come up with embryo transfer in time to AI her and transfer to another mare and still get a couple of matched mules. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Haytrader

Sounds like your name should be DanG trader.
My kinda man.

I went to an auction  a couple years back where our local Coop was selling some excess equipment. Didn't really intend on buying anything. They were selling a 1974 IH 2 ton truck with a 1400 gal. liquid tank on it. I had seen it at a mechanics place for a month and although I didn't know what they had done to it, the amount of time it was there told me it was worked over. They were not getting a bid so I started it and ended up paying $600. Found out they had spent $2200 putting new brakes, king pins and bushings, and new tie rod ends. I sold the tank for $500 and still have the truck.

:)

Not tellin about any bad deals I've made.

;)
Haytrader

Oregon_Sawyer

Now I'm getting worried!! ;D  My ancestors came from Scotland also and they settled not to far from Arky in Missouri.  I found out a while back that my mothers side of the family had a sawmill when she was little.  I saw a picture of her family back a generation and they were setting on a porch in the mountains and the women were smoking pipes.

Loren Wasson
Sawing with a WM since 98. LT 70 42hp Kubota walk behind. 518 Skidder. Ramey Log Loader. Serious part-timer. Western Red Cedar and Doug Fir.  Teamster Truck Driver 4 days a week.

dan-l-b

Hey guys,  I guess I may be put into the catagory of coming and going,,, on again, off again ::) ::) its just that :'( :'(  well, you know :'( :'(   :D :D

Speaking for myself, although circumstances don't allow me alot of time on the puter, I still feel a strong connection to the FF and enjoy the outlet, appreciate the help at times, and recommend this site to everyone I meet. :o 8) 8)  Dan

Bojangle

Yes I'm still here. I have been so busy cutt'in trees and draging them and sawing them and stacking them and hauling them and I did'nt know how much work was invoved. But after a day of sawing and you look at what you have accomplished, it sure feels good. I just have'nt had much time lately.

woodhick

Bojangle I see you are flying a WV flag in your profile.  Where you located?
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

doublecut

Hey Bojangle Welcome to the forum! 8)

doublecut

ARKANSAWYER

The question is did you get your wife to run the mill?    ???
ARKANSAWYER

Thank You Sponsors!