iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mullberry firewood.

Started by Jerryok1971, April 01, 2018, 10:02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerryok1971

Hello all. Has anyone everburned mullberry for firewood. I am cleaning up a few trees at a neighbors that blew down in a storm. Thanks Jerry

TKehl

It's related to Hedge.  Real good wood and burns hot.  Can't recall if it pops like Hedge or not.  Use caution if your stove is indoors.
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

bluthum

I like it for firewood, especially for kindling. About the same btu's as red oak. Splits very easy if non knotty. 

Some disease kills kills nearly all of it before it gets big here but it usually comes back from stump sprouts.

hedgerow

Makes great firewood but it does like to throw sparks like hedge when you open the door to add more. If they were live trees when they blew down you will want to get them split as soon as you can so they have time to dry for winter. 

Jerryok1971

Thanks guys. I'll get to splitting.

mrcaptainbob

A neighbor hates mulberry in his hedge rows. Told me to clean 'em out. I do. Kind of branchy, but the wood burns well in the OWB. No idea why he doesn't use them, as he has an OWB, too. My OWB burns anything. Anything except trash. Nothing treated (creosote, etc.), and no carcasses.

Thank You Sponsors!