iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Log trailers in Florida

Started by gwilson, July 29, 2012, 02:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwilson

this is just a question for curiosity.what are the racks on the back of log trailers in nothern florida? they dont have normal standards on the rear. any info is appreciated. thanks

WDH

Those are whole tree trailers.  The plantation pine has small tops (slash pine, mostly).  They cut the tree down, skid it to the landing, and load the whole tree, limbs needles, and all, on the trailer.  The back of the trailer is actually a wire cage to keep the limbs on the top from sticking out the sides.  The mill that buys these trees, Buckeye, is located in Perry FL.  It is a very large pulpmill making diaper pulp and high quality filter pulp.  They are the only ones that do this.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

fishpharmer

Thanks gwilson and Danny, I learn something new here everyday. 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

gwilson

That makes sense.... easier hauling. thanks for the info.

WDH

The one pictured here does not have a cage.  http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Devanes.Equipment.And.Recycling.LLC.PERRY.FL.850-223-3380

I guess they have improved on the wire mesh cage idea to this type design. 

The Mill uses the needles and limbs as fuel to run one of their power boilers to make steam and electricity.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

roquevalente

we use hardcore Russian quality Kamaz truck for logging.
It looks ugly but this Russian guy always runs.

Roque Valente SRL is a ipe hardwood mill located in the Bolivian forest specialized in milling and logging - www.roquevalente.com

clww

Not a "pretty" truck to look at, but function is all that really matters.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

thecfarm

Interesting to see other ways to move the wood.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ironwood

Those Russian trucks are,....well crazy. Some the the youtube stuff just boggles my mind (usuall y associated wit hriver crossings :o). I would love to own one OR a Tatra. Man those engineers of the TATRA driveline are some SMART cookies, and it was a LOOONG time ago.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

gwilson

On the Russian truck...Yall hauling short wood crossways on the frame?

Thank You Sponsors!