iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Official 2018 15th annual PiGROAST RSVP topic.

Started by Jeff, June 04, 2018, 04:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

15th Annual Forestry Forum Pig Roast August 3 & 4th, 2018!
Yesterday we ordered the pig and the port-a-potties (MEN'S and LADY'S!) so that means it is time to start getting a count for the pigroast. :)

Once again, I'd like to take a moment and encourage, that this year, if you have been meaning to come, but keep telling yourself " I'll make it next year", Make it this year! No one knows what the future holds, and as I get deeper in this life, I'm beginning to get a fuller understanding of that. We should grasp each moment like it is the last and celebrate it!  Now, on to the details!

Remember this is a family event. We have a pool for the kids and when we know there is going to be a group, we plan activities to include them. So, if ya got em, BRING EM!  :D

You are not required to rsvp to attend, but we sure would appreciate it if you think there is a good chance you are coming to add your number of attendees to our count. This gives us a good idea on what to expect and also gives incentive to others to come. You can always retract if you need to, but you won't  ;) :).

Area Motels

Area Camping

I strongly recommend getting opinions on hotels or motels in the area from us or other members that have come to the pigroast. There are a handful that turn up on those google maps that we will strongly advise against. There are plenty of very good places to stay.

ITINERARY:
Friday, August 3rd, Set up day, visiting, pig prep, boiled dinner for supper! Bon fire. Swimming, more visiting
Saturday, August 4th, BISCUITS AND GRAVY breakfast at 8 a.m., Pig around noonish, followed by door prizes and visiting.

Please continue the count in your post. :)
Jeff, Wildflower, Stacy, Jeremy, Seester Leeenda, Tammy's mom and Gene make

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

GAB

W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

jmouton

lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

DR_Buck

Dave (DR_Buck) and Kitty --- 

Makes 14
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Cedarman

More important than acquiring things is acquiring memories.  The pig roast has both.  But the memories are the best.  I will never forget the goose story told by Raider Bill.  Lots of other good memories of people met. Fooling WDH with a white, red cedar plank was priceless.  Fooling the best of the best  happens only once.
You get to acquire things too at the pig roast.  Lots of door prizes.  So the best of both acquiring worlds.
With that said, we will miss the roast this year.  We will be in Montana for 2 1/2 weeks. One week is the NSS convention.  I just can not be in 2 places at once.
I used the excuse of missing my first pig roast because I thought I needed to work at the mill.
I regretted that first miss and made up my mind that work would not interfere with making great memories.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Stephen1

Cathy and Stephen1 18
This will be my FIRST pig roast. I have been wanting to come for years, but always found an excuse not to. This is the year!
We will be staying at a motel\hotel. What do some of you recommend?
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

fat olde elf

The fat olde elf is very grateful to be #21 !! As some of you know starting on October 17 2017 I had a blowout in my upper aorta. A great surgeon patched that up with Gortex. 3 days later I had a stroke. Cardio intensive care unit is a good place to have a stroke.  4 days later they called my wife at 9:30 PM to tell her that they had lost me for over 5 minutes, no pulse...They got me back to life, somebody up there likes me, I spent a total of 30 days in cardio intensive care and 14 days in rehab where they taught me how to stand up from sitting in a chair, how to walk, how to swallow and how to pee in a urinal.  I went home on November 30 and the visiting nurse came by for a while. 

I started driving mid-December but I am still on restrictions for lifting.  I have started my mill every week and am shopping for a tractor with an FEL.Last week I completed a long stint in Cardio Rehab,more pretty nurses.  I recently saw a summary of charges for $488,000 on my case. Thank God for medicare and supplemental coverage by the NC Department of Corrections. Bonnie and I celebrated 57 years of married bliss in January  She was with me for all 44 days in the hospital.  I turn 81 on June 22.   Can't wait to start making sawdust soon.  Hope to see all of you at the Pig Roast.    Paul E. Randolph
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

thecfarm

Ayup,someone wants you to saw another day. You have been through alot.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

Quote from: fat olde elf on June 12, 2018, 03:08:54 AM
The fat olde elf is very grateful to be #21 !! As some of you know starting on October 17 2017 I had a blowout in my upper aorta. A great surgeon patched that up with Gortex. 3 days later I had a stroke. Cardio intensive care unit is a good place to have a stroke.  4 days later they called my wife at 9:30 PM to tell her that they had lost me for over 5 minutes, no pulse...They got me back to life, somebody up there likes me, I spent a total of 30 days in cardio intensive care and 14 days in rehab where they taught me how to stand up from sitting in a chair, how to walk, how to swallow and how to pee in a urinal.  I went home on November 30 and the visiting nurse came by for a while.

I started driving mid-December but I am still on restrictions for lifting.  I have started my mill every week and am shopping for a tractor with an FEL.Last week I completed a long stint in Cardio Rehab,more pretty nurses.  I recently saw a summary of charges for $488,000 on my case. Thank God for medicare and supplemental coverage by the NC Department of Corrections. Bonnie and I celebrated 57 years of married bliss in January  She was with me for all 44 days in the hospital.  I turn 81 on June 22.   Can't wait to start making sawdust soon.  Hope to see all of you at the Pig Roast.    Paul E. Randolph
dang keep up the fight and god bless you 

petefrom bearswamp

Pete and Linda make 23.
Paul We look forward to seeing you healthy and full of p and vinegar as well as all the other friends we have made at the roast.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Roxie

These are a few of my favorite things.  smiley_singsongnote02 smiley_singsongnote01 smiley_heart
Say when

Jeff

Bump! Do I just need to get a couple chickens this year?

Jeff

Last year on June 14 our count was double this.

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Jeff

I'm thinking instead of pork unless we get some bodies to help eat a pig.

goose63

goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Stephen1

Quote from: Jeff on June 14, 2018, 12:53:01 PM
Last year on June 14 our count was double this.
I remember a banner across the top in past years. Will that help?
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Jeff

I put something up there. THanks for the reminder.

What would help would be that those that plan on coming to get on here and add their name to the list! That helps to inspire new faces.  I know full well there are several on here that fit that category! Don't make me single you out! :D

Shotgun

Shotgun and Mrs. Shotgun makes 27.

Way to go fat olde elf. Looking forward to seeing all.
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

DR_Buck

Campground reservations made and confirmed.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Stephen1

Hey guys, Im looking at booking a hotel for the Pig Roast. 
Can I get some recommendations please?

Jeff

The nicest would be in Clare, the
Doherty Hotel

There is a very nice bed and breakfast if they still have rooms, The Carriage House Inn.
Carriage House Inn restored, open for business | The Clare County Review
This is within shouting distance of our house if you yell real loud.

Thank You Sponsors!