iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Elusive Snow Snake

Started by Corley5, February 13, 2008, 08:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

Seldom seen let alone photographed I caught this specimen on digital media just before it slithered back under the eaves and into the shed  :) :)

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Corley5

Coon

Better watch out they're pretty vicious this time of the year.  One just went down my neck earlier this afternoon.  Seems it was waiting on the roof waiting for me to walk under the eves. :o :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Burlkraft

That's a dandy Greg   ;D  ;D  ;D

I ain't seen any down here   :-\  :-\  :'(  :'(   :D   :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Mooseherder

Heck, here I thought the slitherin' snow snake was just folklure. :D
Now you got living proof of the cryptid world.  Good photo for the National Enquirer. ;D

Jeff

That one would make the porcupine press for sure! You shoulda tried to tag it.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Dave Shepard

I hope you didn't get bit! :o That one looks like it might have crossed with a snow eel, kinda flat 'round the middle.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Gary_C

That is a big one.  :o :o

Keep your camera handy cause the snow fleas should be out soon.  ;D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

submarinesailor

Hey, did you guys hear that the snow snake has bested the Department of Defense?  It reached up and bit the Sec. of Defense, breaking his shoulder.

semologger

Are ya going to eat it? Ive never tryed snake heard it taste like chicken.

Furby

I belive I read some place that you need to fry snow snake, as baking it leaves it a bit mushy. :)

Corley5

I let this one go and am hoping it will catch the skunk that's taken up winter quarters in the shed  ;) :)

Stump Jumper Jr

Furby

Raider

This a good recipe for cold weather Snow Snake. Take about 1# of fresh snow snake. Cut half into small cubes. Put rest into pot and reduce by 80%. let cool. This is where one can add or subtract but I like mine half & half. Put cool broth and remaining cubes of one snow snake plus one bottle of JD :o sit back and enjoy 8) 8) 8)  Raider

Corley5

Snow Snake would go well in a stone soup  ;) ;D

Jeff

One has crawled on to our skylight this afternoon!

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Dave Shepard

He looks cold. You should let him in to thaw out.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Chuck White

As you all are working around your mills, watch out for the snow snakes, we don't need any broken bones!

Be careful out there!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!