iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Redwood Carport and Cabin I have been working on (with Pics)

Started by Peder McElroy, March 31, 2012, 07:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peder McElroy

I was inspired by another Forum member ,I believe from the Pacific northwest. Thanks for the inspiration. All the wood was milled with My Woodmizer LT40hd on our property. Now I hope I can upload the Photos.
Peder

beenthere

Very beautiful setting there under the "big" trees. You are fortunate.

Nice work too.

A bit of story with each pic would help too. (click on modify if you want to add some commentary to your post)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

b dukes

snowshoveler

If you ever want to come to the east coast...I have a little work for you :o
Nice nice nice
Chris
International T5 dozer
JD M tractor
MF skidloader
Jonsered chainmill
Vintage Belsaw

customsawyer

That is very nice. It is nice to be able to take a log and then build with it.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

mikeb1079

that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

laffs

timber harvester,tinberjack230,34hp kubota,job ace excavator carpenter tools up the yingyang,

Farmer_17

Awesome job on your project nothing like Redwood lumber..............farmer
Ps Use to live in Boulder Creek back in the 60's and 70's sure is a nice place to enjoy life.
Farmer TD-9 dozer, Fordson backhoe, Ford 8N, Belsaw M-14,1922 Studebaker touring, 1958 Edsel, 1948 Nash

cutterboy

To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

hunterbuild

That is really nice. I hope my pine cabin turns out half that good.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Buck

I've got my eyes on a spot on the river that would sure go well with a building like that. Very nice!
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

markd

mighty fine there Peder, my son lives in Fort Bragg and I enjoy those redwoods everytime I visit him. We always stop in the Richardsons Grove. I planted 200 Coast redwoods here on my place here in Oregon, they grow well here but they're not native.
markd

colinofthewoods

You did a beautiful job on that building.  It really flows with the surrounding. 

I bought a bunch redwood seeds to sow on my property at the northern end of Vancouver Island.  I don't know if they will grow, but I hope so .

Magicman

That is stunning.  The location, the design, as well as the quality workmanship.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

apm

Peder,

Do you miss your Belsaw? How did this project compare to others you've done using the bandsaw instead of the circle saw? Beautiful job, by the way. You are quite the craftsman!

Greg
Timberking 1600 now

Peder McElroy

Yes I miss the Belsaw , but the woodmizer bandsaw is sooooo much easer with the log turner and all. I did use my Lucas 618 for the 2x4's but the bandsaw for the 2x10 joists 2x8 rafters and 1x12 siding. The only thing that I didn't buy was the plywood for the floor and roof.

youin

Quoted from "Kansas"...Hardest lesson I learned.. don't be afraid to make money. Stop worrying about what someone else is charging. If you provide service above and beyond the standard, don't feel you have to keep your prices down. No apologies necessary.

Jemclimber

lt15

captain_crunch

Peder
Absolutly Beautiful 8) 8)
Down side is Tax assessor is going to love you at least here in Oregon
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

Thank You Sponsors!