iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Well worth the money!

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, April 04, 2012, 07:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I've had my LT40HD 14 months now. I signed up for the Woodmizer Annual Service. It was worth it. I learned a lot from Mike, the service rep. This guy knows his stuff.
The way I look at it, I've never owned a mill before. So.....when is my prime time to get stuff outta WHACK?
My first year learning.  :D

I did not have a lot of stuff out of whack that bad, but it was enough I could see it in my lumber.....and that bothered me.
It took Mike about 2 hours and he had my mill cutting better than it did when it came of of the show room floor.
So you sawyers with the "MIZERS"....get your annual check up. Mike did a superb job and I'm glad Woodmizer offers this service.
Thanks Mike

!

I'm the little FAT BOY on the right!  8)

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Okrafarmer

Good to know. I wonder if any other brands offer that. Do you mind telling how much it costs?
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

barbender

It looks like you have a nice operation there, Poston.
Too many irons in the fire

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

cypresskayaksllc

They can do a service plan or by the hour. I think its around 65/hr and 150 travel charge. Ive never done the service plan so I dont know the cost of that.
LT40HDDR, JD950FEL, Weimaraner

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Clean Image

Called but unfortunately they don't offer service in my area...I went through the manual as best as I could but nothing like an experienced hand there to help you address specific issues and questions about your own mill.

WM is offering one of their workshops in Portland in a couple of weeks that if work doesn't get in the way, I plan on attending.

I second Barbender...nice operation!

D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Clean Image on April 04, 2012, 10:57:18 PM
Called but unfortunately they don't offer service in my area...I went through the manual as best as I could but nothing like an experienced hand there to help you address specific issues and questions about your own mill.

WM is offering one of their workshops in Portland in a couple of weeks that if work doesn't get in the way, I plan on attending.

I second Barbender...nice operation!

D

I've never been to one of their workshops but I have heard it is top of the line and you learn a lot. If I ever get a chance to attend one.....I'll be there.

WDH

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on April 04, 2012, 10:43:01 PM
:D :D :D Trick photography... :D

Must have been done with mirrors  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

WDH

You are right.......looking back I do see some haze  ;D.

It is good that you got the mill all dolled and dialed up.

MartyParsons

QuoteI've never been to one of their workshops but I have heard it is top of the line and you learn a lot. If I ever get a chance to attend one.....I'll be there.
Pennsylvania April 27
Richmond, Virginia May 17 th I will post the information when it is all finalized.
There are more in other areas that I am not aware of.

Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

wwsjr

Look at WM site under Customer Service, Svc routes and plans. I don't know how to attach to the post. This year cost me about $700 including service plan, tvl cost, and parts. Bob works our area usually in Feb or Mar. Well worth the cost to me.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

Clean Image

"I've never been to one of their workshops but I have heard it is top of the line and you learn a lot. If I ever get a chance to attend one.....I'll be there."

I just signed up for the one in Portland on the 21st of this month...link below is the upcoming events calendar on the WM site...

https://www.woodmizer.com/us/ResourceCenter/UpcomingEvents.aspx

D

zopi

Glad everything is back in whack.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Magicman

I have had 3 or 4 and always felt like I got value for my $$$.  It is a wonderful way for a manufacturer to take care of it's customers.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Woodey

I will agree that it was well worth the money! I had about 500 hours on the mill, I purchased it used. Bob worked around my schedule and I learned a lot from watching him tune and line up my mill.
WOODMIZER LT40HDD34CAT w/accuset
JLG SKYTRAK 6036 Telescopic Forklift
NYLE L200 KILN
BAKER M412 MOULDER

Amelia Farms

I have him scheduled to come by my place, looks like he is getting pretty close.
Woodmizer LT40, wish it was hydraulic.

Thank You Sponsors!