iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How many bf in your Inventory?

Started by Marc Thornton, November 23, 2011, 09:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jueston

Quote from: customsawyer on November 26, 2011, 09:20:41 AM
Ironwood you sure know how to make a guy jealous.
you can say that again.....

Ironwood

I have been "sitting" on those racks for several years, needed to get the capital for the concrete and a bigger "platform" to put them on (not much flat around here ::)) . This year has been good, local paving outfit, township, and several contractors have brought 100's and 100's of tons of fill to increase my platform. I have spent a good bit of time excavating, spreading and even bought a 100 tons of #3 to fill in the "gaps" in the fill, lots of big chunks, lots of fines, not much in between. Things are looking good for some serious capital and barter to get my concrete in next spring/summer.

The racks are quite nice and fairly pricey on the open market, I got them on "swap" and my labor to disassemble and remove them from the site, they would have been "chomped" up and scrapped if I hadnt been there to grab them. There is about 50 ton of material I moved, INCREMENTALLY with a trip home every night. Busy two week period. The one guy who didnt know me well said, "your like a one man Army when you show up"  ;) He works for a no profit I volunteer for, he thought I was another over educated Board member  ::) I showed him what I was made of. Funny to see his eyes opened on that issue.

Here are some for sale used, I have no association with Coleman Surplus. Theirs dont have the roof trusses (steel box tube)
http://store.colemans.com/cart/racking-cantilever-p-1529.html

Ironwood

There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

BBTom

Waaayyy toooo much in inventory.   I don't have exact figures, but  about 40,000 of Maple, and another 30,000 to 40,000 of Cherry, Walnut, Ash, Oak, Poplar, Locust, Sycamore combined. All is in air dry shed.

Gonna have to have a sale on Maple flooring one of these days because I have some Maple trees that should be taken out this winter.

Some day this economy will turn around and homes will be built again.  I am afraid they will not be built in Ohio.  Everyone with sense is going somewhere that is less taxed and has jobs.

I am still here, so I guess that means I don't got no sense.
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

Thank You Sponsors!