iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tree Cutting Machine in Australia

Started by Schramm, February 09, 2013, 08:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schramm

Schramm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUUnet3OyYM

Anyone that cuts down there own trees and debarks them will be in total envy!   smiley_clapping

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I did some figuring and I think this debarker cost a little more than $1500.00.  :D

Nice Vid.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

OlympicYJ

I think it's just the way the bark is slipping on what appears to be Eucalyptus. I've seen Western hemlock slip similarly just not all the way around the stem. Looks like a regular processor head to me.

snowstorm

WDH

It is probably in the dead of Spring, too.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

1270d

We have one of those heads without the euca wheels of course.  Afm 60.

OlympicYJ

Quote from: snowstorm on February 10, 2013, 04:59:54 AM
they use special feed rolls to debark

What do they do different on the wheels to get it to debark better as opposed to a regular processor? I've seen different styles of wheels for different woods to keep from damaging the wood or to get a better grip so this is quite interesting.

Quote from: WDH on February 10, 2013, 07:35:48 AM
It is probably in the dead of Spring, too.

I would agree. Looked like there was allot of sap and the bark seemed to slip pretty well.

stumpjumper83

I agree more than likely a std. head.  What would be the point of debarking a log as soon as you cut it, you want the bark to stay on untill your ready to saw or chip to keep the wood clean.

OlympicYJ

Looks like it's gonna get picked up by a forwarder so it should stay relatively clean. It saves a little weight when hauling. Plus Eucalyptus might not be a secondary product at the mill so it might be more beneficial to leave it on site than to have to haul something that is not needed.

Ianab

As you say, those log are going to be picked up and never touch the ground again. I would guess small trees like that would be short rotation, maybe 8-10 years? and go straight to a pulp mill. Leave the bark and tops on the ground as compost for the next rotation.

Also thinking subtropical climate, "spring" doesn't really mean a lot with a 12 month growing season.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

OlympicYJ

I was kinda thinkin there really isn't a spring down there but didn't know for sure.

Ianab

It's a big place. Tropics in the North, temperate in South, so you can't really generalise...
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

amberwood

tasmanian bluegum, typically destined for paper pulp. They use dedicated feed rollers with a spiral  pattern rather than a typical pineapple, they are designed to debark.
can also be used for case grade timber if large enough, and firewood from thinnings etc.
we have spring, its just different. In the south east spring typically means higher temps and more rain.

DTR
MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

Thank You Sponsors!