iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

theft on landing

Started by smwwoody, August 19, 2014, 09:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smwwoody

well I have seen it all now. 

I got to the job today and my son fired the loader up and all hydraulic functions would not work.  Thought it was just another problem with the valve body we have been fighting.

I was wrong!  we both went to look at the valve body and to our surprise we saw hoses cut with a saw, caps missing, and the spools gone out of the inside.  not to mention every drop of new oil drained out on the ground.

I never thought a logger could do something so low 
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

smwwoody

What makes it even worse is I know who did it I just have no way to prove it to the police
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

treeslayer2003

dam, im sorry to hear this. i heard of the cylinders being stole off a guys loader a few years ago....he knew who did it, but like you no proof...........its surprising what you need for proof.

BargeMonkey

I feel your pain.  My father and the deere mechanic put a new engine in the 440A, the day got long and the engine went in, but they had about 1/2 the coolant and figured they could top it off in the morning when they finished up. Now for the kick in the pants...

Some lowlife wanted the brand new tire chains off the skidder, thats a common thing around here. They broke the dash, wired the switch and started the engine up to push down on the blade. Cooked the brand new engine. The cops know who did it, but wouldnt tell us because we all know what would happen.  >:(

I have 6 high end game cameras, and usually have 2-3 on every job and take awesome night time pictures. Unfortunately thats what it comes down too.

Dave Shepard

Do you have to have a sign saying that surveillance is in use to prosecute?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

smwwoody

Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

treeslayer2003

i had four flat tires one morning, you could see where a drill chuck spun on the rubber. could also track the dirt bike to the front door where it was parked.........HA! iv got you now i thought.........no, sheriff came and looked and said he could do nothing unless some one saw them do it.

smwwoody

I know what I want to do but then I will be the one in jail and this scum bag will be free
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

treeslayer2003

Quote from: smwwoody on August 19, 2014, 09:56:38 PM
I know what I want to do but then I will be the one in jail and this scum bag will be free
i know exactly what you mean, but your right thats what will happen.

did you contact the police at all? i know its prolly a waste of time.....

Maine logger88

That's low that another logger would do such a thing knowing how hard it is too make a living in this businesses at times. So the authority's can't do anything about it even after you told them who you suspect? Is this on the 325?
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

timberlinetree

That stinks! Hope they get caught!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

jwilly3879

Went to work one morning about 20 years ago and thought the C5D looked funny when we pulled on the landing. Walked over and the axles were hanging out of the rear end. Someone took the planetaries from both sides. We had replaced them several months earlier and I had stamped them with the date. Knew where they went, told the state boys where they were and about the stamped date but they had no probable cause to look at the lowlife's machine so we were out of luck. No witness, no crime, but when the lowlife's tires were flattened they certainly came and talked to us. If we couldn't account for our whereabouts they were going to arrest us. The police were at our job multiple times asking questions until I finally asked if they had a witness. When they said no, I told them they would be hearing from my lawyer and the harassment ended.

Southside

Sorry to hear that Woody, had my truck stolen and burned a few years back.  Was able to prove who did it, but I never got a thing out of the deal. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

DMcCoy

In some situations it is better to keep quiet and deal with it at a much later date, especially if the person is a known "problem".  If they are a known problem there will be a long list of victims and when something happens to their stuff they won't know who did what.  It sucks that they have to be the way they are but you really don't have good choices.

Woodhauler

Quote from: smwwoody on August 19, 2014, 09:39:05 PM
What makes it even worse is I know who did it I just have no way to prove it to the police
If i was 99% sure who done it, I WOULD TAKE MATTERS IN MY OWN HANDS!!!  Maybe you have since you hav'nt been on for a while!!!  If you need bail money , I'M IN!!!!!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

clww

Quote from: Woodhauler on August 20, 2014, 03:18:33 PM
If you need bail money , I'M IN!!!!!
Me too, and I'm a lot closer!
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

deastman

Quote from: Woodhauler on August 20, 2014, 03:18:33 PM
If i was 99% sure who done it, I WOULD TAKE MATTERS IN MY OWN HANDS!!!  Maybe you have since you hav'nt been on for a while!!!  If you need bail money , I'M IN!!!!!
Me too!
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

SPD748

Thieves...

Unfortunately I have been real busy on those occasions when a property owner was accused of 'taking care of business.' It's a shame I didn't have more time to look into these accusations. Oh well...

-lee
Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

glassman_48

smwoody,
I heard of a guy that actually peened initials into some of his parts that could be stolen easily.  Dont know if you can do that or not with some of your parts,,,,,,,just a thought,,,,,,,good luck,,,,,,,,ed

Peter Drouin

Quote from: SPD748 on August 20, 2014, 06:48:44 PM
Thieves...

Unfortunately I have been real busy on those occasions when a property owner was accused of 'taking care of business.' It's a shame I didn't have more time to look into these accusations. Oh well...

-lee

smiley_thumbsup
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

dgdrls

Karma  smwwoody, Karma.

Best
DGDrls

Woodhauler

And now the rest of the story.......................................
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

smwwoody

no luck yet

the sheriffs dept.  is doing a great job.  we know where the parts are just having trouble proving it
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

Woodhauler

Quote from: smwwoody on August 23, 2014, 04:34:55 PM
no luck yet

the sheriffs dept.  is doing a great job.  we know where the parts are just having trouble proving it
We got your back on this one!!!!

smwwoody

We had to buy another loader to keep working.  found a good used Barko 275B  this is not the time of year I like to buy equipment.
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

Thank You Sponsors!