iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Using Chets Shop

Started by Jeff, March 31, 2006, 11:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Chet and I went out to his shop after supper tonight and decided that we needed a log truck. So we built one. ;D   We didnt have a clue what we were going to do until we did it. No designe or plans but I think what we came up wasn't to bad. No finish on it yet, but it has an oak frame with cherry cab and bumper, oak whels and trailer  and cherry and birdseye maple logs. Its pretty good size, turned out to be 24" over all. I like it. smiley_smug01

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

isawlogs

Yes sir , good looking truck . Fun to build um too .
Did you have to flip a coin to find out who would be first to try her out . ???  ;D ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Furby

Better yet.........
Who get's to take it home!

Jeff

Shes goin with me. ;D I'm springin for da plates.

crtreedude

Really nice!  8)

I am totally lacking in the ability to visualize anything physical - and always amazed at those who can do what you all just did.  :o

What I can do really well is turn a stick into woodshavings...

So, how did I end up here anyway?

isawlogs

crtreedude

Dont be so hard on yourself , as I can see it your turnin sticks into trees .  ;) :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

crtreedude

Well, you just might have a point...  :D
So, how did I end up here anyway?

sawguy21

I have never had the skill or patience to do that either. I like it very much. 8)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

leweee

Quote from: Jeff B on April 01, 2006, 12:24:04 AM
Shes goin with me. ;D I'm springin for da plates.

You two did a great job 8) 8) 8) You guys should make a few extra.....auction them off for forum support......then even us poor folk could have a loggen truck. :D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Paschale

Cool stuff!  How'd y'all make those wheels so cool?
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

SwampDonkey

Quote from: crtreedude on April 01, 2006, 05:53:55 AM
Really nice!  8)

I am totally lacking in the ability to visualize anything physical - and always amazed at those who can do what you all just did.  :o

What I can do really well is turn a stick into woodshavings...

There is a guy here that used to walk around precommercial thinning operations and pick up sticks to make walking sticks and canes. It got so he could carve one an hour. I think he got $50 a stick, from something that was left to rot on the ground. He used mainly pin cherry and hard maple.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Nice looking truck guys, now make a bobsled and the carved horses to haul it. ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chet

Quote from: Paschale on April 01, 2006, 03:07:03 PM
Cool stuff! How'd y'all make those wheels so cool?

It's a trade secret  :-X  ;D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Bro. Noble

Trade secret :D :D Traded some coins for them I bet :D :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Furby

Try a lathe and craft knife. ;)

sawguy21

Furby is gonna want to drive that one with the air conditioned cab. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

pigman

In the first picture there are seven wheels. They must have made a spare wheel, but I don't see it anywhere on the finished truck.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Tom

I think Jeff was making a tag-along trailer but only had one wheel so he had to leave it at Chet's. :P

SwampDonkey

:D :D I see Jeff had his pop in place for the photo shoot, but it didn't stick with the finished truck.  ;D ::) 8)

Jeff

Did some sanding and a little satin Poly to finish things off. Were ready to do some haulin! :)

Tom

We don't have square logs.  :-\

SwampDonkey

Pretty Dang spiffy.  8)

Weekend_Sawyer

Tom, we make square logs... or we make logs square?

Nice job guys, I was gonna ask about them wheels too but seeing as they are a secret I'll let it go.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Jeff

Them are timbers Tom.  They are squared up on a sawmill, although sometimes they can be hand hewn.  These I think are destined as cross ties on a two lane tresel. :)

Tom

OH!

O yjpihj yjsy uipit ertr htpeomh ......oops.  got my fingers moved over a key.

I thought you were growing square trees in the UP.  Charlie is close to the UP and He's square.  :D

Kevjay would sure be interested in some timbers like that right about now.  He's got a customer that wants a couple of 12" x 24" x 24' long timbers for a fancy restaurant or something.  He'd probably like to have a truck like that to deliver them too.

I sure like models like that.  It shows that you both have quite an imagination to build something like that freehand.  Did y'all sign and date it?  That's important, you know.  :P :)

Thank You Sponsors!