iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bookmatched end grain stuff . . . . .

Started by TexasTimbers, January 23, 2007, 12:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasTimbers

I was fooling around in the shop tonight with some of this stuff after I quit actually working. Look at this madness. Tell me the one there don't look like a VooDoo Witch Doctor with a headress and all .....

The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

getoverit

the second picture looks like a conehead :D :D

GREAT pics kevjay!
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

metalspinner

I see an alien in the third pic. 

I made a "spider" box for my boy with a piece of book matched walnut crotch.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

SwampDonkey

Kevin those book matched elder are going to make some interesting pieces. Gonna make a table or something with a big surface? Maybe surround it with a light colored wood? or cherry? Is it going to be stable you think? Too many questions. ;D

Get to it, so I can see something made from it.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

TexasTimbers

I know. I have so many ideas with the stuff. I need to get a small kiln built and throw a dehumidifier in it so I can build stuff. Like Daren told me recently, if I had built the small 1 day kiln I could have already had over a dozen loads gone through it and had all my flooring for the house ALREADY dry. So today one of the things I did was lay out the framing for the indoor shop kiln.
My RBE will be my first test load.
But inasmuch as Daren is gonna walk me thru it I don't see ruining the first load.
I have too many ideas but one thing I want to do first is build some little syringe/vial/meter cases for diabetic kids to carry thier stuff in. I don't see anything on the market that is "cool" for diabetic kids and I want to be able to donate them to kids who are insulin dependent. i would hopefully sell some to adults to pay for the ones I give to kids.
Now as far as furniture yes i want to build tables and chairs and serving trays and chests etc but i need to know more about how to stabilize the red. Tom of turningfool fame says it can be done. He ought to know he has more experience with it than anyone I know.

SwampDonkey

Sounds like some good plans and the cases for the kids is a good idea. If it's 'cool' the kids will get the word out. ;D

Well, you know us northerners and our patience, it gets cold just sitting and waiting. :D :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Stephen1

Kevjay, when you get the cases built let me know as I would like to 1st on the list to buy 2

Stephen
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

TexasTimbers

Thank You Sponsors!