iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Big Table for the Crafty Ladies

Started by Lud, April 11, 2007, 08:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lud

Been awful busy and not gotten to visit the Forum like I will in 38 weeks when I get to retire... 8)

But I'm wrapping up this project and thought I should share.  Cut the ash on my little mill over a year ago and the challenge was to build a table that could straddle a bed I'd built years ago that has some good storage so it sits in the middle of a "studio" I've built us since last July.

So ,  my wife and the other members of her weaving guild do felting ,  sewing , etc and the melamine top gives them a nice smooth surface.  Not a nail or screw in it 'cept to hold the wheels on it.  Yeah ,it rolls off the bed if they need more space to lay the stuff.

I 'm a bit proud of the way it uses the same footprint as the bed.  Seems efficient.

Anyway,  here you go.....

a Big dovetail:

a bit of eggcrating:

make for a happy wife:

Still a few touches to wrap up but thought y'all might enjoy it........

Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Fla._Deadheader

That right there is purdy slick. Nice work. You build them geetaars ??
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Burlkraft

Congrats on da pending retirement....... ;) ;) ;)

It's a GREAT club ta be in.... ;D  ;D  ;D

Nice job on da table.....If ya did build the guitfiddles we gotta have some pics of them..... :) :)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Lud

Thanks for the kind words about the table.

I didn't build the guitars. I'm a Ludwig,  not a luthier. I bought 'em at auctions over the years.  Catch the eye,  don't they..hanging like that?

I play two of them when in the mood.  Music isn't really my talent but a few blues out on the porch in the summertime strikes a chord .  I don't inflict it on others usually.

It's nice to have something to pick on the porch other than your nose! :D :D :D
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Patty

The table is awesome!  8)

Sure beats crawling around on the floor trying to sew on a quilt.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

WDH

I love that joinery you used.  The mark of fine craftsmanship.  I also like the way you created your own design to fulfill a unique function.  I would be a bit proud too ;).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!