iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

50¢ at a yard sale

Started by Jeff, August 24, 2010, 10:33:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I found this tea candle holder at a yard sale in the U.P.  and was wowed by the figure in the wood.  Does anyone have an idea what kind of wood it might be? Exotic maybe?   I thought it might be a good chunk of wood for someone to take and make something a bit more dramatic then what it is.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Burlkraft

Where's the picture?

Nevermind................................... ::)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Jeff

isawlogs

I dont know , kinda cool the way it is , stick a candle in it and put it on the mantle .  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

It's not cherry burl? Quite light colored for that though eh? The base (basal) figure I've seen in car dash and door panels. ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

ely

maple or sycamore is my best guesses. looks really cool. well worth the price.

Jeff

I put it in a sycamore bowl made for me several years ago by Electric Al's boys, threw in a candle and some of the stones I picked up over the last couple days and lit a match.  :)

JohnG28

I dont know what kind of wood that is, but it sure is cool looking. I think you found a perfectly fine way to use that wallet bending purchase.  :D :)
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Magicman

Since you found it in da UP, it must be that "Elusive Michigan Pudding Wood".    ;)

It's certainly pretty enough to be.  Nice find.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tyb525

Mahogany burl if there is such a thing?
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Okrafarmer

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Banjo picker

I'll bid $10.00 if you want to auction it off.... ;)  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

pasbuild

Black Ash Burl, I can show you more examples when I find were I put the pics in this putter :-\
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

isawlogs

Quote from: Banjo picker on August 24, 2010, 11:12:27 PM
I'll bid $10.00 if you want to auction it off.... ;)  Tim

Tim , I'll see your 10$ and up ya to 12.50$CDN , and will pick up in august . Next august that is  ;) ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!