iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

nyle L200

Started by pineywoods, July 18, 2018, 09:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pineywoods

I just acquired this unit from an estate. Been in storage for a long time, no manuals, appears to have never been installed. Only 1 probe, a temp sensor..I already have a perfectly good solar kiln, open to suggestions for how to make use of the nyle. It was just too good a deal to pass up

1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

YellowHammer

I'd hook it up and see if the compressor, seals and Fren charge are still good.  It appears to have the basic timer controller, where the compressor duty cycle is set in minutes of the hour, and the temperature probe doesn't control much except displaying and controlling the temperature in the kiln, and forcing a minimum temperature, mine is factory set at 80°, that the kiln must reach before the compressor can kick in.

If it's running, you could sell it pretty easy.  Or you could build a really big food dehydrator.   :D
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

A refrigeration technician could best evaluate this.  Running it with low Freon or other issues can damage the unit.  Although the timer system works, it is advisable to get an RH and temperature probe that can be used in the kiln.  Consider Delmhorst HT 3000 or similar.
Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

K-Guy

Hi Pineywoods
Stan from Nyle here. I can get you a manual by email. You can reach me at 800-777-6953 ext 212 and at service@nyle.com
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

YellowHammer

The units have a low pressure and a high pressure Freon switch.  If the charge is too low, it won't run.  If the pressure is too high, i. e. operating too hot, it won't run. There is about a dozen wires that need to be connected from the controller to the unit, they are labeled with numbers, and it's plug and play.  Of course, the safeties can be jumped, but they are there for a reason.    

The Freon charge is finicky in these things, and if it has leaked out, it's difficult to recharge by pressure gauges, so weighing in the charge is the best thing.  The refridegerant is available from Autozone or Oreilley's.  These are very nice units and easy to work on.  

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Thank You Sponsors!