iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

stupid moves ®

Started by Quartlow, May 09, 2006, 04:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quartlow

Thats right I'm registering it as my own trademark

One of cousin Ed's cows had a calf this morning. After I got back from the junk yard the wife was concerned since it hadn't been up yet. I went out and checked on it. Wasn't having much luck getting it up and it had been a while since it was born considering it was dry all ready.

Came up and called him at work, he called his wife the Vet tech and she came home. Her and I go out and she got it to drink some stuff she brought home.

Well I was on my knees along side it and Mama cow decided she had enough and rolled me around and ran me over.

Nothings broke but my pride  ::) Oh though my knee is a bit sore and my shoulder. The kicker is I know better. Oh well color me stupid.
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

asy

Quart..

I notice there's been a photo opportunity and you've missed it.

That's what mamacow was upset about, I reckon!

She was giving you a nudge saying, "OI! WHERE"S THE CAMERA???"

Good to hear you're OK, and so is baby cowlet.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Quartlow

in retrospect it was a REALLY BAD idea. I can't put any weight on the knee at all now. Guess it's off to the DR in the morning.

It hurts to move it and danged if it doesn't hurt not to move it  :'(
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

sawguy21

I don't want anything to do with a cow unless there is a fence between us, or it is medium rare on my plate with a heap of mushrooms. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

crtreedude

I hate cows. No, I take it back, it is worse than that - I LOATHE cows.

However, it is a wonderful thing to eat your enemy without guilt.

However, I have to be in the closet about this - after all, I am in the biggest dairy area of Costa Rica - EVERYONE loves cows! They even name them, and of course, want me to say how pretty they are.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Roxie

I sure do hope your knee is ok. 

What kind of cow was it?
Was it a heifer or a bull calf?
Did you try any command language to git her to back off?

:D

Cowboy Bob stays in a fairly constant state of hurtism in backa being knocked around by them critters.  It can happen to anyone.  I myself have been sent sailing into hay bales (after performing a triple twist with a tuck) by a small Jersey Bull that didn't want a tag put in his ear. 
Say when

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Roxie

8) 8) 8)

Say it fast..........dairy area

8) 8) 8)
Say when

crtreedude

See! I have a reason not to like cows!

Quartlow

IT was heifer calf.

I'm waiting on the DR to call with the results from my x-rays. She was pretty confident its all just deep muscle damage. Along with a minor case of whiplash. So iknow have a knee brace, got two shots one was a muscle relaxer the other was a steroid.

Got some good drugs Percocet for pain, prevocid to reduce the swelling and cyclobezaprine for a muscle relaxer.

Needless to say they all got a good laugh at my expense.
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Bro. Noble

Quartlow,  That's really aggrivating -----you try to help them and they hurt you for it >:(

CRdude,  Hang in there,  If ya gotta be an ass,  at least your the biggest one :D :D :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

crtreedude

Alright Noble,

I will have you know we aren't near as ample as you all up there...

Hummph

Dan_Shade

if you take enough of those muscle relaxers, will you have a "dairy area said fast" problem?   ;D

I'm glad you didn't get hurt really bad.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Jason_WI

Cows that have just given birth can not be trusted and can be meaner than a bull - especially when you are between her and her calf. I would always get a new calf in the pasture with the skidsteer. Every now and then a cow would go goofy and try to ram the skidsteer.

A local farmer was busted up pretty good by a bull recently. His wife drove there truck in the pasture to ram the bull away from her husband. He was able to get in the truck and escape further injury. One of his biceps was torn away from the bone and will have to undergo extensive rehab.

Hope all is well with the knee.

Jason
Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

pigman

Back when I was younger I use to tag all of the baby calves the day they were born. One time my wife and our first born daughter went with me to check the cows and tag any newborns. We found a new calf and as I bent over to tag the calf I heard my wife scream from what I though was a safe distance behind some trees. The mother cow did not bother me, she went after my offspring. :o   I guess it was only fair to the cow that if I was going to bother her offspring then she was going after my offspring. My wife was able to stay behind a tree until I came to her rescue. 8)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

UNCLEBUCK

My cousins have to tag the newborn registered angus calves every spring . It is very dangerous . Boy them cowboys with cutting horses out west sure make it look easy dont they . Glad you survived Quartlow .
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Sprucegum

The cowboy's secret - let the horse do the work  ;D

crtreedude

We had a bull on one of the fincas that developed an attitude - unknown to Hector. He was walking the fields and all of a sudden heard something behind him.

The bull was trying to sneak up on him, but found it hard with Lassie - the Austrian Sheep Dog - hanging on his nose!

Good Dog!

Whenever we walk the fields - Lassie is with us. Whoa to any cow (who we use to chomp grass in unplanted areas) who decides to bother us!

Ianab

We had a border collie the same.. we couldn't let her loose on the cattle nomally .. she was just too rough on them.
But one time a couple of old cows decided to take on Sharon and her usual working dogs. Chased them all over the paddock. She said a couple of colourfull words and jumped on the quad bike and went to fetch Mollie. Took about 20 secs to sort those cows out.   :o A cow can run about 20mph backward with a border collie latched to it's nose  :D

Was worse with bulls.. there is one obvious target for the dog...  :o

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

bitternut

Where I used to live I had a neighbor who raised Black Angus. He worked days and I worked midnights. Every winter they put about 50 or 60 of them cows in a paddock next to the barn till the pasture was ready for them the next spring. They did not keep very good track of who was due when and consequently some calves would get dropped out there in the middle of that sloppy knee deep mucky paddock. Since I was home every day and he wasn't I would get the call to come get the calf and mother out of the slop and into a stall in the barn. They told me to just keep the calf between myself and the mother. Of course every other cow in there would form a circle around me. I came real close several times of filling my shorts when one of those big buggers behind me would beller. They would come within a few feet of me in a circle and I would slowly walk backwards toward the gate with the calf and the mother following close behind. When I finally got to the gate the neighbors wife would open the gate and we would walk to the stall with mother close behind. I wore hip boots and the muck would pull them off my feet if I stood in the same spot too long. Always had the vision of one of those cows stomping me into that muck. Guess I was lucky not to get stomped. Now I am smarter and realize just how dangerous of a situation I was in. Ignorance is bliss I guess. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Roxie

Quote from: crtreedude on May 10, 2006, 09:22:57 AM
EVERYONE loves cows! They even name them, and of course, want me to say how pretty they are.

Quote from: Mr Clean
Remember the non-inflammatory complimentary points
1.  Lovely footwear
2.  Pretty smile
3.  Smell nice
8)
Say when

getoverit

8) 8) 8) :o

:D :D :D

I *TOLD* ya it worked  ;)

and NOBODY got offended either  ::)
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Quartlow

Roxie,, your a bad one!!  :D :D :D :D
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

crtreedude

ROXIE!

1. NO footwear
2. They don't smile that I have ever noticed.
3. And they DEFINITELY don't smell nice.

crtreedude

Wait a minute - are we talking fellow workers or cows?  ::)

Thank You Sponsors!