First Color

Started by Magicman, November 11, 2019, 04:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

This is our first "Color" of the season.  :)

And the low 20°'s tomorrow night will probably knock the leaves off.  :-X
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

alan gage

We've still got a little of the white color that fell a week ago. Not a normal thing for it to stick around this time of year. Low of 0 forecast tonight and then it warms up a bit again. Hopefully it lasts for a long while!

Stay warm down there! Cold is a relative thing.

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

Roxie

Sure is pretty but I'm not familiar with it. What is it? 
Say when

Magicman

Sorry Roxie, I shoulda said that it was Crepe Myrtle.  I trim back to the trunk each year so all of this is this year's growth. 

There are three of them and they are my view from my chair with the Live Oaks in the background.  The Red Maples have not turned yet but I'll bet this weekend's cold will give them a jump start.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Resonator

I wonder if Myrtle is related to Suzette? ???
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Southside

We got our first killing frost a couple of nights ago, woke up to everything covered in walnut and mulberry leaves, basically dumped them overnight.  It actually looked quite odd as the leaflets were all still attached on the walnut, looked more like a wind storm than a frost had come through.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

btulloh

@Southside that's interesting about your walnut trees.  You and I have pretty much the same weather and mine have been bare for well over a month.  They're the last to leaf out and the first to drop.  Something different going on right here.  The pecan trees have barely lost a leaf, but that hard frost will change that for sure.  Everything else here went straight from green to brown pretty much.  The hickories were the only ones to show any real color and that didn't last more than a couple days.  The dry weather really eliminated the fall show of colors.
HM126

btulloh

Nice view out the window @Magicman   Those look spectacular with the green backdrop.
HM126

Southside

Funny, my hickory has a little color right now, or at least did two days ago when I was in the woods, the poplar are bare, but the maple are still green.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows