iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forest Ranger or Forester? What are the differences between those two?

Started by Damian1989, December 19, 2018, 12:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damian1989

In my country Malaysia, they offered 2 certificate courses which are forest ranger and forester. Forest ranger is a 2-year certificate program while the forester is one-year program. I am interested to join as either of them as i am a nature lover and would love to work in the wildlife. The only thing is that i am confused between those two as in their job scopes, duties and responsibilities, salaries and hierarchy level. Luckily they still can accept me as my age right now is 30 years old because their maximum age is 52 years old. Their next opening will be on February 2019

So please tell me the differences as i am really confused right now which to enrol. thank you

P.S Sorry for my english grammar because i know is terrible, but i will try to improve it more

Texas Ranger

Hard to say, foresters over here have a 4 year course study, forest rangers can be of many disciplines, some may not require degrees.

Welcome to the forum.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

timberking

Like Ranger says.  You will just have to dig a little deeper into the system over there to find the answers.  Welcome and good luck with your career.  Keep us informed.

Texas Ranger

"P.S Sorry for my english grammar because i know is terrible, but i will try to improve it more"

Don't worry about your English, it is 100% better then our Malaysian.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Ron Scott

Check out the job description there which is specific to the job title being recruited for in your area. Contact the job recruitment agency. 
~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!